One Day London Itinerary

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 09:23 AM
misomui

One Day London Itinerary

I'm going to London with a friend in two weeks for ONE day/night. It's my first time there and I would like to see as much of the city as I can. But we have no idea what we should do. Tour guides?

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 10:20 AM
k

Hi,

For some ideas of what you can do in a day, try this website. Fodors.com gives a "Best in 3 days" itinerary that you can tailor to 1 day depending on your interests.

Having said that, a lot of people on this board like the hop-on, hop-off buses that take you all around London for a 24 hour period. You can get on and off at whatever sights interest you, so you can spend time where you want or just drive by things to see them.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 01:29 PM
elaine

www.londontourist.org/time.html

has suggestions for short itineraries in London that include both walking and public transport

Strongly suggest that you do as above and review the London info here at Fodors.com , and/or buy a good guidebook, so you can narrow down your priorities for sightseeing.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 05:27 PM
nancy

In Rick Steves' London guidebook, he describes a restaurant tour which is fun for the evening. For the daytime, I would suggest the Big Bus tour; you can hop on/off and get a decent overview of the city with live commentary.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Andy

As well as the bus tours also try walking! For example you could see Trafalgar Sq, Big Ben, 10 Downing St and Buckingham Palace in an hour or so's walk. Don't worry if you don't see it all - you can always come back!