Search

Oktoberfest Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oktoberfest Hotels

Greetings,

I was hoping to gain some decent recommendations regarding decent hotels to stay at while participating in the 2004 Oktoberfestivities. Besides the regular hotel recommendations from the travel book sites and thru orbitz/travelocity etc, we were looking to get some decent 'insider' information as to where to stay.

We are looking to stay relatively close to the fairgrounds (in the case that we'd need to stumble home at some point) and that the accomodations are semi-decent (we've since grown out of hostels and into 4star type hotels) and for a price that I'm not gonna have my pants pulled down for.

We're young professionals now and experienced road-trippers back from the college days and are now looking to take this operation out of the basement and into the bright lights of oktoberfest.

Any recommendations on decent hotels for the younger crowd (mid to late 20's)(read: party friendly) centralized to hit the fairgrounds and still be close to the heart everything.

Hit me up with an e-mail or a post for all to enjoy. Thanks.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 06:01 AM

HI please check the following site :
http://www.muenchen.de/Tourismus/Hot...herbergen.html
You will find youth hostels around and in munich for your overnight stay.
Or check
http://www.muenchen.de/Tourismus/Hot...332/index.html
when you look forward to meet bavarians, because this is the link for accomondations in appartments of families of munich.
Need more infos : [email protected]
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 06:35 AM
JonJon

I am not sure what you mean about the "friendly" part in terms of hotels but having been to Oktoberfest I DO KNOW THIS: BOOK IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 26th, 2004, 09:32 AM

Since you are interested in hotels rather than hostels and apartments, this is the link for the Munich tourist office. It is in English and lists hotels by area and number of stars.

http://www.muenchen-tourist.de/englisch/index_e.htm

This will enable you to narrow you choices down. Then come back to this board for more specifics.

As JonJon said, BOOK NOW!!

Curious

Old Mar 5th, 2004, 06:07 AM

I cannot agree more with all the people who say BOOK NOW!! It has been about 8-10 days since your origional post so I have to assume you have at least narrowed it down some.

But let me give you a little insight in case you haven't or for others looking for info.

When looking for hotels keep in mine that Munich is a very expensive city!! And during the Fest everyone charges their Full rate. In 2001 we booked our flight/hotel for octoberfest in early Feb. Our travel agent was able to find lots of hotels in our price range (approx $100). We ended up staying at a HOliday Inn in Schwabing; It was very nice, just as you would expect any Holiday Inn to be. It was quiet, catered mainly to businessmen and was right on the bus/U route so we could get to the O-fest in about 15-20 min eventhough it was on the other side of town.

In 2002 we deciced to return, but this time we waited til mid March to find places. Well first of all everyone jacked up the prices (since attendance to o-fest 2001 was very sparse, many places lost a lot of money) from the year before, and since we were booking a month later the only places our travel agent could find were places that started at $175 and went up from there.

I took it upon myself to find a place that was still reasonable so I went to the Munich tourism website and started one by one looking at hotel websites and e-mailing them. I e-mailed between 40-45 hotels and finally got a positive response from the hotel brunnenhoff. I was shocked they still had rooms available since it is a small but nice hotel, 2 blocks from the O-fest grounds, and 4 blocks from the main train station. It was at the top of our price level at the time ($130) but I would recommend it to others. It is the ideal location for festing, it was close to the train station so we could easily get to Fussen, Dachau, Andecs, Marienplatz, etc. The price was reasonable (for Munich during the fest)and a nice european breakfast was included in the price.

I haven't looked at their site recently but do still have the link, so if you are still looking you may want to try them.

http://www.brunnenhof.de/