Reload this Page >

Ok, let's be honest, what don't you like about London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:37 AM
thereal

As a US traveler, I hate the exchange rates. Way too expensive. <BR>Also, IMHO, London lacks the personality and atmosphere of major European cities on the continent.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:46 AM
I hate

I have the tube and all public transport as it is awful and unreliable!!!And I live here!!<BR><BR><BR>

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:52 AM
xx

The tube, but only on really hot days, or at about midnight on a weekend. Apparently, quality deodorant has yet to reach widespread use in London. LOL.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Tubby

THE TUBE????? I LOVE THE TUBE!!!!!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:08 AM
me

No washcloths in the bathroom of the hotels I've stayed at.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:10 AM
xxx

air pollution

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:15 AM
deniseb

I live 30 miles away but go fairly regularly to London. I hate the noise, and its sad to see the deprived areas of the city

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:27 AM
xxx

Rubbish all over the streets. The high price of public transportation (tube, bus, taxi). The weather (this has been the wettest summer in over a decade!). But there is oh so much more here to love that far outweighs the gripes.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:42 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Dave

I hate the fact that I can't go there more often.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Frank O. File

The wettest summer in…<BR><BR>Well, that means the parks must be green and the flowers in bloom. I live in a part of the world that’s having the worst drought since the 1930’s “dust bowl”. What I would give to fight the masses on the Tube and get off at Green Park, or Hampstead Heath, or Hyde Park, or Hampton Court…well, you get my drift.<BR><BR>I’ve never been to ANY city that didn’t have its <BR>”deprived” areas, but they’re pretty much out front in London. Paris has them, too, my dears; they just hide it ever so much better.<BR>

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 09:37 AM
El Greco

I most dislike the cost of living in London. Be it food, lodging, drink, it is a pricey place to be. I just read an aricle about the cost of rents and housing purchases and it's stunning that anyone can visit at all, let alone live there.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 09:42 AM
K

The fact that it's ten hours away, even on a direct flight. <BR><BR>Also, I don't normally stay in hotels in London, but there seems to be a real gap between the affordable fleabags and the expensive good hotels... more so than in most big WE and NA cities.<BR><BR>xx, it'll seem that way in hot weather on any subway system (or bus). Deoderant only goes so far.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Im Not Smelly

.. how rude to suggest that the average Londoner does not use deodorant? how would you feel if we put a similar message on the US board stating that the NY subway stunk of armpits? there would be a wave of outrage and patriotism. So I say as a brit, I think we smell loverlllyyy

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:04 AM
smell

as a new yorker I must say that our subway stinks like armpits too when it's 90 degrees or more, or the air conditioning isn't working. Nevermind the urine smells in the tunnels that get you to the subway.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:35 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Tourists<BR><BR>Peter<BR>http://tlp.netfirms.com

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Kate

The tube. No air conditioning, even when it's 90 degrees outside, and they don't run often enough. Compares very badly to the Paris Metro.<BR><BR>However, ingeniously, the tube has those central platforms, so if you realise you're going in the wrong direction, you just cross through the little 5 foot tunnel. In Paris, if you're going in the wrong direction, you have to go up and down a flight of stairs and all the way across. <BR><BR>I also hate all the horrible chain food places: MacDonalds, BK, KFC, Angus Steakhouse, Bella Pasta, Garfunkels, Spaghetti House, Pizza Hut. I know most of these are American, but they don't seem to have half as many of them in the centre of New York, and they lead tourists to believe there's nowhere to eat in London. <BR><BR>OXFORD STREET. (Apart from Selfridges, where everything you could ever want can be found).

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:20 AM
francesca

Oxford Street<BR><BR>The sad state of the Tube and train transportation in general<BR><BR>The prices for nearly everything. The summer "sales" are a joke--even Paris is cheaper.<BR><BR>Other than that, I love London.<BR>

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Debbie

The weather, I could not wait to get out of there and back to some sunshine and warm weather. I give credit to those that can live there.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Jim

Hate that there is no place to throw out garbage in public areas especially train stations. <BR>I understand the reason for few public trash containers -- fear of terrorist bombs. Sad comment on modern life!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -