Oia Hotel

Jan 25th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Oia Hotel

We are going to Oia in June and trying to decide between Ikies, which I've not seen discussed much on this forum, or Aspaki. We are, however, open to other suggestions.
Jan 25th, 2009, 09:41 AM

Aspaki offers what to me is the best location in Oia, sitting all by itself out on a promontory behind a gated and locked entrance for absolute privacy. At the same time it's very close to the village square and all the restaurants and shops.

Ikies is a beautiful property located on the outskirts of Oia, about a 20-minute stroll to the village square. It's nice and quiet out there and you'll have a beautiful view of the caldera and the whole village. It's possible that their rooms are already booked for June. Have you inquired yet?
Jan 26th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I checked with both places and they have rooms available.
Jan 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Thought I would jump in since I am also going to Santorini in June. Aspaki is related to Oia Castle...which is better?
Jan 26th, 2009, 05:45 PM

They're both excellent. I don't know which is better. Oia Castle has a sunset view and Aspaki has a caldera view. Oia Castle's decor is more elaborate and luxurious but Aspaki's decor is in no way any less pleasing. Aspaki is located in the center of the village, just 1-2 minutes from the village square. Oia Castle sits above the steps leading down to Amoudi Bay on the northern tip of the village, about 15 minutes from the village square. Oia Castle offers breakfast, Aspaki does not.
Jan 28th, 2009, 04:41 AM

When you say 15 minutes from the village, is that walking?

Also, how would you compare these hotels to Mystique?
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Yes, walking.

Mystique is more modern, Aspaki and Oia Castle are luxury versions of the traditional Cycladic villa. You'll get more value for your money at Aspaki and Oia Castle.