Reload this Page >

Novotel Tour Eiffel????

Search

Novotel Tour Eiffel????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 05:54 PM
frank

Novotel Tour Eiffel????

Could anyone give me information about this hotel? Is this a nice hotel? Convenient?

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 06:37 PM
xxx

I have not stayed at the Novotel in Paris, but I've stayed at the airport location. Yuck. It had bland and tiny rooms-no character at all. I believe they're like a tourist class hotel chain.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 05:02 AM
willia

Frank<BR>I have not stayed at this one but I have used Novotels in Madrid as well as ones in Montreal and Toronto. They are usually clean and comfortable, and tend to cater to the business traveler. The rooms will be of average size and furnished in typical chain hotel fashion. You will not be surprised and I have never experienced a bad Novotel, although the ones in Canada tend to be a bit more upscale than the ones in Madrid. Don't know about Paris versions. I would expect that it would be just fine.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 06:24 AM
BTilke

We usually stay at Novotels when we're en route someplace (on our drive to Austria this weekend, for example, we're stopping at a Novotel in southern Germany and ditto for the drive back) but they're not what I would call destination hotels. They're consistent, practical, and good value for money, but bland.<BR>The Novotel Tour Eiffel, with more than 700 rooms, is probably the largest hotel in the Novotel chain. I believe it used to be the Nikko. It's a highrise on the banks of the Seine, near the Hilton Hotel and Bir Hakeim metro stop. Although you are fairly close to the Eiffel Tower, the immediate neighborhood is rather sterile. <BR>If you are staying there at a deep discount (FF miles, hotel points, or for some other reason), then go ahead. But you can find a hotel with a much more Parisian feel at about the same rate in a neighborhood with more charm and atmosphere. <BR>BTilke (Brussels)<BR>

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Christina

I think you have the picture, it's a very large business hotel, but I think it is a nicer 4-star one. It did used to be the Nikko, but I don't think of it as being that close to the Eiffel Tower or the Hilton--it is a little closer to the Charles Michels metro stop than Bir Hakeim (and about the same distance to Dupleix as Bir Hakeim) because it's close to Pont Grenelle and in-between rues Linois and Theatre on quai Grenelle, I believe (across the river from Maison Radio France). It's about two blocks from the Javel RER stop which is the one you would want to use rather than going all the way to the Eiffel Tower RER stop. So, it's not as convenient as being more in central Paris, but it's not the worst.<BR><BR>It isn't an older, charming part of Paris, that's true. It is convenient if you want to walk across Pont Grenelle to the 16th arrondisement.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 01:18 PM
frank

Thanks for the help. If I am taking the RER from the airport exactly which stop do I get off?