Reload this Page >

HOTEL NEAR EIFFEL TOWER

Search

HOTEL NEAR EIFFEL TOWER

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:03 AM
JANE

HOTEL NEAR EIFFEL TOWER

What is the nicest hotel you have stayed at near the Eiffel Tower?

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Joe

It's not usually my kind of hotel, but the Hilton was great. Very nice rooms; large and well furnished. Great location and, oh, that view of the Eiffel Tower from our balcony. You could reach out and touch it.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 09:33 AM
jj

The Hilton sure would be convenient but that has to be the ugliest hotel in Paris.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Amy

While not "near" per se, try the Hotel du Rond Point du Longchamps, which is in the Trocadero neighborhood. Step out the front door of the hotel, and it's a straight view of the tour, but about a 15 minute walk to the base of it. Convenient to the Trocadero metro stop.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 03:57 PM
suzette

There's a number of 2/3 star hotels on Rue Cler which are popular. Guess it depends on your definition of "nicest" and how fancy you are looking for.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 05:20 PM
zzz

Try the 4* Hotel le Tourville; it's about 4 blocks from the Eiffel Tower although you can't see it from inside the hotel. It's also 1 block from Ecole Militaire Metro stop.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:22 AM
lynn

It's become "tourist central" ever since Rick Steves happened upon it, but the Grand Hotel Leveque, Rue Cler (7e) really is a nice place for the price. The tower is just a few short blocks away.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Maryann

i just returned from Paris yesterday, and we stayed at the Derby Alma Hotel,it is a four star hotel on Rapp Avenue a block away from the Eiffel Tower. It was so nice!!go to www.derbyalmahotel.com

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Jamie Lee

If you want an over priced , nothing hotel, try le Tourville, if that is what you like.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:01 AM
KAY

I last stayed at the Hotel de la Motte Piquette right around the corner from rue Cler and steps from the ecole Militaire metro. The staff were very pleasant ; room was small but very clean. Kay

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 11:08 AM
rich

plaza athenee.