Norway train tickets

Jul 24th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

Norway train tickets

Hi - I will be travelling from Myrdal - Gol on the train and think I read something on www.nsb.no which said if you buy tickets you should pick them up a couple of days before? That won't be possible for us, can you order them on the web and just pick them up when you get there?
Jul 25th, 2005, 03:24 AM

I am moving your query to the top. If nobody replies directly I shall list you a few agencies who will book you by e mail on a credit card.

Ben Haines, London
[email protected]
Jul 25th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Fairhope

I am trying to "build" a vacation in Norway. I know Bjorn has said that Norway Nutshell tickets can easily be purchased upon arrival at a train station. Is this true of other similar packages listed on
www.fjord-tours.com ie the Triangle Tour?

Jul 25th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Fairhope

PS Can someone please describe how you carry/secure your luggage if these trips are used as intercity trips not daytrips

Jul 25th, 2005, 06:12 AM

Mtnfreak - we bought tickets on the web to go from Oslo to Myrdal and picked them up at the station 15 minutes before the train departed. It was very quick and easy.

Fairhope - depending on the time of year that you travel it is advised that you should book the Olso to Myrdal portion before you leave home since seats are assigned and the train can be full. We booked through to Flam and were happy that we did since we did not have to stop in that station as well. As for your lugguage you carry it with you. It is not horrible so long as you don't have much luggage. If you don't pack light there is a luggage service that you can use to have your luggage waiting for you in Bergen when you arrive. I read about it on this forum when I was planning so you could search nutshell and luggage and I'm sure you will find it.