Northwestern Sicily-where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 09:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On our 12 day trip to Sicily in June we would like to spend 2 nights in the north west region. Any suggestions of where to stay and specific hotels? We will have a car. Scopello? Castellammare? We want to visit Zingaro Nat't Park and perhaps Erice. Thanks.
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 01:58 AM

I found that staying in B&Bs or agriturismos in Sicily was really the way to go. This website might help you:

http://www.sicilbuy.com/
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 01:08 PM

Hi lajolla,

The Zingaro is a wonderful park. Are you going to hike or walk from beach to beach?

I have stayed in both Scopello and Castellammare del Golfo. Scopello is tiny and its main attraction, besides being close to the park, is that there is nothing to do but swim at the old tuna factory or sit in the square and relax. It depends on your personality as to whether this is good or bad.

Castellammare is larger and has a row of restaurants fronting the port. If you go, climb up to the chapel on the side of the hill for an impressive look back at the town.

I would also suggest you look into San Vito lo Capo. From here you can drive to western entrance of the park, and you will be closer to Erice. San Vito has the best beach in the area, and loads of restaurants. If you visit at the beginning of October there is a well organized couscous festival.

In Scopello stayed at the Pensione Tranchina. Excellent food. Small but servicable room with important balcony to air out the boots.

Went into a bar and rented a room in Castellammare, and had an apartment in San Vito rented through the Hotel Egitarso.

Happy travels.

JQ
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info on western Sicily. Have any or you stayed at the Cetarium Hotel in Castellammare de Golfo?
Old Jun 16th, 2007, 11:08 AM

I went to Sicily, and I liked too much.
I notice that the landascape for all 9 counties are completely different.
I found a couple of Bed an breakfast looking around http://www.sicily-bed-breakfast.com
You must try their wine, it is really tasty. And cannolo (it is an amazing cake)

This year I'm going to fly to India...
See you!