no reservations-Pisa-help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just learned that reservations to go up the tower in Pisa must be made 2 weeks ahead. I didn't do it! When would be the best time to wait in line? Thanks so much. I have an eager Dad who really wants to climb the tower. (He's a physics teacher.)
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 05:50 AM

I climbed it last year and hadn't any reservations. It was only March though so it wouldn't have been the busiest time of year. We got there early in the afternoon & put our names down for an evening slot as there was nothing available before then. Your best bet is to get there as early as possible!
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 06:08 AM

Do you know the opening hours? I'd get there at least 1/2 hour before that along with all those others who didn't make reservations either!
Don;t forget there are several other interesting buildings on site which are also leaning but not to the extent that the tower is.

Obviously, and wisely, you have totally ignored the so-called "experts" on this board who keep telling us the tower is a bad tourist trap...go there and you'll see why so many people are fascinated and actually held spellbound by it.
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:25 AM
tcl

We went there at the end of May and didn't make reservations but was able to climb the tower at the next available time slot. I guess it just depends on the day you're going. We got there around 10 AM on a Monday. Apparently the tour groups didn't arrive until around 11 AM. But like TopMan said, just get there before it opens to guarantee yourself a time slot for that day. Have a great time!
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all very much for your advice. I really appreciate it.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 05:59 AM

hope this helps....you can purchase tickets on line for the tower at
www.opapisa.it
I bought mine for July and stupidly put the wrong date! They kindly changed it to the right date and all it took was an email.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 06:04 AM

sorry elisequinn, I just read your post properly....you have probably already checked out this site!
You could go early and book a ticket for early evening...in between the buying and doing..visit Lucca, a 20 minute train trip away.