Nice to Ibiza

Jan 31st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Nice to Ibiza

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to start planning a trip that would start off in Nice and end up in Ibiza (Total duration of ~1.5 weeks...short time, I know!).

Specifically, I cannot seem to find any vacation "packages" that go just from the the south of France to Spain. I'm at a loss as to what the best way is to travel from Nice to Spain (train, plane, etc.) is and if each leg of the trip should be booked separately. Any advice or starting points would be much appreciated!
Jan 31st, 2011, 11:43 PM

Nice-Barcelona-Ibiza

Nice combination.
Feb 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

That's exactly what I was thinking It'd be great to find some sort of package! I'm guessing we'd have to fly to Nice and then maybe take a train to Barcelona and either fly from there to Ibiza or take a train to Valencia and fly from there? Will have to do some searching.
Feb 1st, 2011, 05:59 PM

My teenaged son and his friend did a Barcelona / Ibiza / Rome trip this past summer. No package, they just searched for flights on kayak and then booked directly with Delta, flying into BCN and back from Rome. They did the short hops on Ryanair, booking directly and early as the price of the flight depends upon how far you book in advance.

Flying to to and from Ibiza was cheaper than going by boat, and flying to Rome was cheaper than going by train. I think the total of their flights was right around $1000 for everything. BTW, Ryanair doesn't fly out of BCN, but from Girona, small "medieval" town about an hour outside Barcelona.
Feb 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM

Use this site to find flights http://www.skyscanner.net/
Feb 1st, 2011, 11:02 PM

I don't think you need a package. There is plenty of info here to get you organized . Hopefully you can fly into Nice, then out of Ibiza or Valencia.

Or you MAY find decent Nice-Ibiza flights, then fly out of Barcelona.
Feb 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great tips, everyone! This has been very helpful. The only thing I seem to be getting stuck on now is the leg of the trip from Nice to Barcelona...there doesn't seem to be any good flights and the train tix appear to be so expensive. Anyone have advice on that?

Thanks again
Feb 8th, 2011, 03:36 AM

spanair do cheapest nice-barcelona flights but they don't fly every day. You can alos get through tickets changing in BCN to ibiza

http://www.spanair.com/web/en-gb/

you can also travel by coach cheaply from nice to barcelona - about 60euros travelling overnight- selected dates have reduced fares
http://www.eurolines.fr/FRA/