Opera national de Paris in May

Feb 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

Opera national de Paris in May

Can anyone provide me a little update here? I will be in Paris in May and would love to attend one of the Bolshoi Ballet's. I see that the tickets are not available for sale on the Paris Opera House website. Does that mean they are sold out or have they not been listed for sale yet?

If they are sold out, do you have any recommendations for getting a seat otherwise? Do they giveaway no-show seats to people 25 minutes before the ballet starts if you're not a student or over 65?

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank!
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM

They never give away tickets to anyone. Sometimes they have special sales for students or young people, but I think that is mostly at the Bastille, not the Garnier, because it is larger and has more bad seats (restricted view). They are not going to give away tickets to the Bolshoi, you can bet on that. I think they have a standby list you can get on where they re-sell tickets that are released shortly before the performance.

I'm not sure, but I go to ballet a lot and read some ballet fan websites, and I think I heard that was sold out before you could even buy a ticket online, to subscribers. They love ballet in Paris, it is surprising how tickets get sold out there. I am going to see them Tuesday, actually, but in the US.

I think your best bet is to find a ticket broker and pay a markup.
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice Christina! Sorry, to clarify I meant do they re-sell no-show seats right before the show. I would have died and gone to heaven if I ever found a theater that gave tickets away for free. Do you have any ticket brokers you would recommend for me to look into? Can you tell I am out of the loop when it comes to Europe?
Feb 5th, 2011, 01:26 PM

THEY HAVE SOLD OUT. I WAITED TO LONG TO BUY MY TICKET. I SAW IT ON THEIR SITE 1 WEEK AGO AND WHEN I TRIED TO BUY A TICKET YESTERDAY, IT WAS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Feb 7th, 2011, 07:18 AM
kja

I've been wondering about these tickets, too! I've checked the website multiple times every day since January 2nd, and haven't seen any indication of availability.

Any suggestions for ways to obtain a ticket will be appreciated!
Feb 8th, 2011, 04:32 AM

I just received a confirmation from this agency that they were able to obtain a ticket for me for a performance of Romeo and Juliette. I have used them in the past. There is a charge for the tickets since they are a ticket broker. It took a few days for them to obtain the seats. I used them last year and was very pleased with the seats. I think the surcharge is about 20 euros a ticket.
The name of the agency is
CLASSICTIC.COM
I hope this helps.