NH Les Corts Hotel-Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All, Found a year 2000 reference to Les Corts and am looking for additional info about the area. Is it relatively quiet? Would we be spending an inordinate amount of time getting to the more touristy sections of town from there? Is the metro as convenient as descriptions suggest? Thanks for any first-hand info!
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Sending this to the top-anyone??? The 2000 post was for Rallye and is not the same hotel-just the same chain. Has anyone stayed at NH Les Corts? Know anything about the Les Corts area? Thanks.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 10:19 AM

We stayed at the H10 marina hotel while in Barca last April - while this is not in the 'best' area, it was easy walking distance to the two different metro stops, a hop-on, hop-off bus stop and the olympic marina area. This particular property of H10 was very nice, clean, modern and had a huge buffet breakfast each day - not the standard european buffet at all. There are other H10's in Barca and you may want to check them out on their website for more info.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks cmeyer54! The hop-on/off bus looks good.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 07:43 AM

Les Corts is not at all central and is not the same as the marina area. Les Corts is out by the stadium and not the best for sightseeing. Metro is convenient by why not stay closer to the center?
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

"why not stay closer to the center?"

Because we are locked into this hotel with our package. It looks very convenient to main train by metro-another plus as we will leave Barcelona by train. Barca looks user-friendly via Metro-I am still wondering if anyone has comments about the hotel and that area.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 04:05 PM

Donco - I don't know specifics about the area but we did go out to the stadium and saw a soccer game while there. I remember the area with a lot of storefronts - not like the central area and not a suburban feel. We walked just a couple of blocks from the metro to get to the stadium so you should not have any problems there - just check as not all stops operate 7 days a week. Be sure to see the magic fountain show - it sounded a little touristy but we ended up seeing it twice!
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 05:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again, cmeyer54. What little I could find about the area confirms what you say.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 05:43 AM

Donco, Les Corts is a residential area in Barcelona. It's OK to live but is far from all the attractions of the city. There is not a problem to reach them by bus or underground but why not choose a more centric and interesting area?
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 05:55 PM

Donco - how long will you be in Barca and at what time of year?
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Hi again cmeyer54, We'll be there 3 nights in March, then on to S. France, then end up in Paris. Our original plan was France then I kept seeing side trips to Barca so we decided to add it on! We almost always travel in March. We latch on to packages for rooms and flights but go on our own by train once we get to our destination.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM

You will love Barca - we did the gaudi sites, parc, etc. The Sagrada Familia is incredible - be sure to arrive early morning before tour buses do. If you are a soccer fan, you can get a tour of their stadium. We also strolled around the Olympic park. The bus and metro systems are very easy to use. For a totally unique experience, try to go to Cal Pep for dinner (tapas). Its in an industrial looking area, opens only for dinner and people line up 30 minutes early to get a seat. i won't say more.... the weather should be wonderful that time of year (we were there in late march also). Be especially mindful of pickpockets and thieves unfortunately. My husband was there on business a year ago and put his backpack down next to the security belt at the airport when checking in at 5am...to take his jacket off. in an instant, it was gone and nobody had seen a thing! All in all, you'll have great time I'm sure!
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

A final thanks until I try for a report in March and Happy 2006 to all!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

We really enjoyed the hotel! It was more like a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro than the 5 minutes suggested by the e-site but it was a straight shot to Ramblas area. Also, we enjoyed the area for finding quiet neighborhood bars and restaurants at the end of the day. When I get a trip report together, I'll post specifics. Thanks for all the input.