Reload this Page >

New Years Eve In Europe

Search

New Years Eve In Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Jonathan

New Years Eve In Europe

My wife and I are spending Christmas with relatives in Rome in 2003. We are looking for a destination outside of Italy to celebrate New Years (we just had a vacation in Italy). We'd prefer to take a train to that location but it's not mandatory. We are open to skiing, in our early 30's and looking for a place to party. Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Patrick

I'm confused. Why does it need to be outside Italy? Cortina fits the bill perfectly as well as a number of other places in the "Italian Alps". Otherwise, ST. Moritz is perfect.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Jonathan

Patrick, thank you for your responce. We've taken our last 3 trips to Italy, catching up with relatives. I guess we're looking to visit a different country/culture/etc. Thanks again.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Christina

I'm not positive about this, but I think I've read that Nice, France is pretty good for New Years. They even have fireworks, I believe, although Paris has cancelled them until the next millennium or something. Nice can be a fun party town in some of the jazz places or other clubs down in the old town area (Vieux Nice)--look for Spanish or Brazilian clubs for lively music and dancing. This would be pretty easy from Rome, also, although you may want to get away to a completely different flavor of place.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Jonathan

Christina,<BR><BR>Thank you for the reply. We've never been to that part of France and welcome any advice on lodging, etc.<BR><BR>