New Year's Eve in Barcelona/Despedida de ano en Barcelona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could anybody tell me of restaurants in or out of hotels to enjoy a good dinner/party to welcome the new year?

Quien puede darme informacion de restaurantes en o por fuera de los hoteles para despedir el 2009 con unabuena cena y buen ambiente?

Gracias /Thanks/por vuestra informacion/for your input
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM

We were in Barcelona for New Year's Eve last year and had rather a tough time finding out where there might be a party for New Year's Eve. We'd been in Salzburg the previous year and they have a fantastic display of fireworks, dancing in the streets, tents for drinks, and little wooden huts for food. It's wonderful. Barcelona wasn't as easy to find out about. We had thought there were supposed to be fireworks by the harbor and so scheduled dinner at Set Portes near the port. Our dinner was very nice and Set Portes was decorated very pretty, etc. There was a party vibe, but no noisemakers, etc. We also finished early (before midnight, thinking we should try to get onto the streets to see the fireworks etc.) so weren't in the restaurant for a champagne (cava) toast or grape eating, etc. at the stroke of midnight. We also were unable to find the fireworks. It may be that they are in the Olympic Port rather than Port Vell which is closer to the downtown. At any rate, we would up following the crowds to the Ramblas which is a pretty rowdy street scene with folks pulling up manhole covers where they've stashed bottles of cava and selling them to folks walking the streets so they can do the midnight toast. We also had at least two situations in which my husband the intended victim of pickpocketing. So it's not a particularly well-behaved crowd.

We were disadvantaged by staying in an apartment rather than a hotel. If you will be staying in a hotel, I'd consult the concierge or whomever handles the front desk for advice on places to go which are both fun and as safe as possible.

I hope you find something fun to do and enjoy yourselves. Barcelona is a fantastic city, pickpockets and all.
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Where are you staying?
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 12:18 AM

I recently stayed at hotel ______ that i booked via lastminutetravel (you can't see the name of the hotel until you book, like hotwire, so we didn't know which hotel we are going to) and we stayed at the hilton diagonal. The hotel restaurant was very good, especially for breaskfast. I don't know if I would recommend it as a special night out dinner, but if you're in the area...
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 05:56 AM

hey,

i am going also to barcelona tomorrow for NYE and i found a good website, where you can choose between different clubs and restaurants (www.bpremium.com)...and you can buy dinner & tickets online. if i remember well, you can also download the dinner menus. haven't decided yet where we will go to, but i think to cdlc. i've been there this summer and i liked it. i hope you find something
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 06:48 AM

"We were disadvantaged by staying in an apartment rather than a hotel. If you will be staying in a hotel, I'd consult the concierge or whomever handles the front desk for advice on places to go which are both fun and as safe as possible."

Need not be a disadvantage - all you do is walk into a good hotel and ask the concierge ...
We have done it a number of times in our travels ; no one asked ( or cared) if we were their guests.