Nerja?

Old May 6th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nerja?

Question:
We have 2 nights to spend in the area of Nerja...........Is Nerja a good choice or are there others that you could suggest...........Our trip is in October and we have already booked Madrid, Salamanca, Seville, Arcos, Ronda and Granada..............In between Ronda and Granada we could use some guidance...........We will have a car
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.................
Old May 6th, 2005, 11:35 AM

Nerja is great. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hotel Balcon de Europa (sp?). Please, please, please though, make sure you have very explicit directions to their parking facility. We figured it wouldn't be hard to find since they are right in the center of town, but that is a couple hours of my life I'd like to have back. Once we finally parked the car (illegally) and found the hotel on foot, the directions they provided to their deck were quite clear. But we never would have figured it out on our own.
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:09 PM

We LOVE Nerja! We go every year for two or three weeks. October is a nice time to be there.

We always rent an apartment but I can recommend theHotel Balcon de Europa, the Parador ( ugly building but pretty grounds) and especially the Paraiso del Mar, next to the Parador. I have recommended it to others on this board and they were all pleased. You can take a look at
http://www.jpmoser.com/paraisodelmar.html

There is a relatively new car park near the Balcon de Europa. Perhaps it wasn't completed when you were there, Brian ( formerly in Atlanta?)

I hope you spend your two nights in Nerja. Have a wonderful and safe trip!
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:25 PM

Nerja is a good choice if you want to be on the Mediterranean. We stayed in a small white village about 8KM inland from Nerja called Frigiliana. The village was charming, the views of the sea and the mountains spectacular and the inn where we stayed, delightful.
Old May 6th, 2005, 03:01 PM

Nerja has nice centre and great beaches, but if you are looking for the real Spain, you may be disappointed. Nerja is not that quiet fishing village it used to be! We stayed at a nice villa near Nerja through http://www.casitas-select.com The villa was a little remote but that was what we were looking for.