need itinerary advice for spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am planning to go to spain, end of May.Plan to spend about 10-14 days. Planning to start off in Madrid, take train to Toledo, train to Sevilla, rent car to drive around to Cordoba and Granada, train to Valencia, train to Barcelona. Need input about how many days to spend in each city, as well as input as to how I've planned transportation.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 09:17 AM

I would suggest that you reconsider the number of places you want to see if you want to do them any kind of justice.

If you go for 10 days and take one day each for Toledo, Cordoba and Granada, that leaves you 7 days for four major cities: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and Barcelona. 14 days total and 11 days for four major cities is not a great improvement.

I would suggest that you either do Madrid (with a day trip to Toledo), Valencia and Barcelona or Madrid (with a day trip to Toledo) and Andalucia (Sevilla, Cordoba and Granada).
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 12:21 PM

May would be an excellent time to visit Andalucia. The weather will be warm, but still very tolerable. You can start by spending at least three days in Madrid, the first to adjust to the time change, the second to explore some of the city and the third for a day-trip to Toledo.

Using Sevilla as a base in Andalucia would allow you to take day trips to Ronda, Granada and Cordoba. You can then head north on the AVE, spending your last night in Madrid before catching your flight home.

You should save Valencia and Barcelona for another adventure.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 01:41 PM

Hi

Yeah, so much to see, so little time! If you really need to cut a place out I would give Valencia a miss. Don't get me wrong I loved it but you'd have to include Barcelona. Given your timeframe you should also look into domestic air travel. Another option for Cordoba and Granada is the use of a tour which are time efficient and not bad value if you shop around. If you really need to you could cut out Cordoba. So I would look at the feasibilty of this : Madrid and Toledo (day trip) 4 days ->fly to Barcelona, 3 days ->fly to Seville, 3 days->train or bus to Granada, 2 days. Madrid, Toledo, Barcelona, Seville and Granada would be an excellent sampler for Spain.

Hope this helps
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM

You might be best if you did Toledo as a daytrip from Madrid, since I believe you'll have to return to Madrid to get to Seville. Agree about excluding Valencia this time and flying between cities to save time. Also, consider an open-jaw ticken into Madrid and out of Barcelona so you won't have to backtrack. You could also do Cordoba as a daytrip from Seville to cut down on having to switch hotels and thus save time that way.