Need ideas for lodging in the U.K.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - we are a family of 4 travelling to York, Edinburgh, the Lake or Peaks area, Cotswold, Bath, and London and are looking for places to stay that have a 2 bedroom suite type of accomodation - either apartments, cottages, etc. Would love to hear any suggestions. Thank you
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:37 AM

www.smoothhound.co.uk
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Fantastic resource! Thank you very much for the response.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 10:20 AM

You don't mention how many rooms you'll need, but, one of the best pieces of advice I ever got from this website (last year, year before??) was that the advantage of a cottage over a hotel or B&B was that you had a living room available. When we went to England last year (my parents, my husband & I), we frequently spent the evening figuring out where to go the next day. In both the hotel and the B&B we stayed at we ended up just sitting around on the beds - not the most comfortable. At the cottage we stayed in, we had a real living room to relax in. We didn't necessarily need the kitchen that came with the cottage, although we did use it for breakfasts and one dinner.

We stayed at a cottage at Grey Mill Farm (www.greymillfarm.com) which I can recommend as a nice place. It's nicely located near Stratford.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
Reg

I know you said apartment or cottages but I stayed at the Langdale in the Lake District (we had adjoining rooms) and it was definitely one of the most memorable trips I have taken with my children. The hotel has a pool, but still manages to feel rustic and secluded in the most beautiful place in England. www.langdale.co.uk