Need Help with Hotel in Florence

Jan 19th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Tracy

Need Help with Hotel in Florence

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good hotel in Florence that's not too far from all the action for no more than $250 per night?

Jan 19th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Thyra

If by "near the "action" you mean close to the Duomo etc. (Florence is a really small city and easy to walk from point A to Point B from any place.
I always recomment the Casci (Do a search on this forum and you will see a million references) it was under $100.0 per night, huge rooms 16th century frescos in the b-fest room, elevator, friendly staff, hair dryers and right around the corner from the Duomo. I would stay there again in a heart beat.. Have a great trip.

Jan 19th, 2001, 04:46 PM
wendy

I travel to Florence once a month and the most centrally located in an 12th-c. church is fabulous! Try the Brunelleschi. Off of Piazza Repulica.

Jan 19th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Susan

Hi Tracy,
I haven't stayed at the two listed below, but did stay at the Pendini (they have a web site, you can pix, etc.) It's located literally 5 minutes from the Duomo. It was nice and clean, big rooms and a friendly family runs it. They are very helpful.

Jan 20th, 2001, 06:01 AM
wendy

WE stayed this summer at the Lungarno. Right on the Arno -perfect locattion we walked everywhere. About 250 a nightr including a really nice breakfast. It has been written up in travel magazines in the last year. It is a member of Leading Small Hotels of the world. More questions, email. You can't go wrong with this hotel. check out their website for pix. They are great over email . Get a water view. the differnce was pretty inexpensive

Jan 20th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Steve the Guide

A very cosy Hotel, in Via Calzaiuoli right on the Duomo Church, is Aldini Hotel. Very cheap Hotel in my opinion for such a good position and room's quality. See www.pronet.it/hotelaldini

Jan 20th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Boots

Il Guelfo Bianco is a three-star at via Cavour, 57 R. It is 5 minutes from the Duomo, 5 minutes from the Accademia Museum, 10 from the Arno. The rooms are lovely, and I think Carlo Cenni is the best hotel manager I have met in some sixty trips abroad. Tel 39 055 288330, FAX 39 055 295203, e-mail: [email protected]. It is probably in the $150-$175 range.

Jan 21st, 2001, 12:17 AM
Melissa

I second the Hotel Pendini. There is a lovely view from their breakfast room, too. Cheap, well located, nice staff.

Jan 21st, 2001, 11:15 AM
Tina

ANOTHER vote for Hotel Casci. Here’s their website:
http://www.hotelcasci.com/

Via Cavour, 13 - I-50129 - Firenze
Tel: ++39-055 211 686
Fax: ++39-055 239 6461
E-Mail: [email protected]

Currently, they list 2001 rates with a double room, price ranges from 160, 000 to 240, 000 lire. And obviously the lowest cost being charged during off-season (probably now).

If they’re not available, then consult this website which has a good listing (along w/map) of other Florence Hotels, several of which have been recommended by fodorites (Accademia, Botticelli, Pendini, Hotel La Residenza).

http://www.venere.it/firenze/firenze_Z5.html

Florence is a great walking city. And there's many hotels centrally located that are easily within (or below) your price range.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:51 AM
elaine

I'll vote for the Romantik Hotel J & J which is a 10 minute walk from the Duomo and also not fara from the Santa Croce church. Large rooms, large modern bathrooms, excellent
breakfast, nice staff. Only drawback is no elevator (it's a historical building)
and the staircases are rather steep, so I wouldn't go higher than the first floor (one floor above the ground floor).

Jan 22nd, 2001, 01:30 PM
Jerry Yares

Try the Pensione Bretagna in the former British Embassy. Fronting on the River Arno one long block away from the Ponte Vecchio. Very clean, well-managed, and affordable. Use your search engine to find their web site.

Jan 22nd, 2001, 01:44 PM
Hans

We loved Hotel Mario in Florence when we stayed there two years ago. The hotel is very small--14 rooms--and is two minutes from the train station and 5 minutes from the Duomo. The rooms are immaculate and very nicely furnished, the breakfast room and food was great and the staff could not be nicer. The rates were in the range of $150/night during the summer and the room had air conditioning. I can highly recommend Marios!