Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

WHAT was that about? How did you survive the crisis?

Jan 19th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Maira

FODOR'S---- what exactly was that about?

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Marcos Velez

I think they call that an aborted upgrade!

I've had enough of those to know that they are not fun. The people you work for get upset, the people that depend on them get upset, you have to work crazy hours and no one ever fully understands the level of frustration.

Hopefully, the techies at Fodor's will get some time off in the near future...

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:12 AM
angel

Dang! Was feeling serious withdrawal from my Fodor's addiction.

I was just about ready to try "the patch" -- by pasting the cover of a Fodor's book to my arm!!

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:15 AM
Sue

I was seriously thinking of posting questions to myself on Word and then answering them, but that's kind of like dealing out the hands for bridge and playing them all yourself. Not very satisfying. My husband, however, has been pleased to see my face in the evening (I don't know why).

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Patrick

Thanks a lot, Fodors. Since I had all that spare time, I started to plan the 5 month European trip for 2002! So now I have lots of preliminary questions to start posting!

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:33 AM
betsy

Ohsoglad the forum is up and running in whatever format. I was starting to get the shakes.

Hang in there Danny and Aisling, I know you won't let us down!

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Thyra

I am with Patrick.... during the "darkest hours" my husband and I definately decided on a Brugge/Amsterdam/Copenhage/Berlin/Prague trip in spring 2002..thats 14 months and counting...tick...tick...tick...

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:45 AM
XXX

great! now I'm probably pregnant.

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Lidija

I was at such a low point that I even went to the Lonely Planet site. NOT the same did find Rex there, just wasn't the same was it Rex? Did get ALOT of work done! So I guess thats a good thing since I need to keep my job to pay for my travels. London in 110 days!

Jan 19th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Pat

Strange how much I missed the old place! I've lost several other beloved old boards and was just getting into mourning mode when this one came back. Whew!

Jan 19th, 2001, 12:17 PM
nancy

Re-introduced myself to the 3 people who live in this house with me,
Then;
did the laundry, vacuumed, paid bills, made the beds, balanced the checkbooks, fed the cat and dog, foodshopped, fed the birds, replied to my messages, cleaned the bathrooms, .....

Jan 19th, 2001, 12:28 PM
sandi

Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry.

Jan 19th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Dr. Betty

Found it a real bummer that it was too cold to get any gardening done. Shiela, bless her soul, has been plying me with info on Scotland and that has really eased the pain. Thank you Sheila you have been like a surrogate fodor mom.

Blessings,
Dr. B.

Jan 19th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Lori

My productivity at work increased so much now they're going to expect that level all the time. OH NO!!! HMMM maybe a raise and more vacation time to boot....maybe something good will come out of it.

Jan 19th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Me

Glad it's back up! I checked 3-4 times a day to see if it came back up and now I'm happy again. I too got a lot of work done in the last two days. The boss will be out of the office Monday and Tuesday, so it will be play time!

Jan 19th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Jeanette

Lost a wonderful literature board that the Chicago Tribune used to run and thought the same thing had happened to Fodors. Less than two months until Italy and don't have another trip to plan yet but am so glad to read about everyone's European adventures again. Did have time to think of lots more songs with the name of a place in their titles. Whoever started that one has really got me hooked. It's worse than competition Scrabble. We in Chicago got a little more snow and all the trees looked like they were flocked yesterday- so took some pictures in the woods on the way to work.

Jan 19th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Sheila

What I want to know is why did 60 people get to see it and I didn't?

I DO believe in fairies!! And I don't want Tinkerbell to die.

(please can I see it now???)

Jan 19th, 2001, 01:34 PM
nancy

Sandi,
thanks for sympathies!
Forgot how tiring it can be! (to have a life off the computer)
But, at least everyone here in this house should be all set for awhile now, and hopefully will leave me alone with my Fodors!
Sheila, the post that Jeanette was talking about, was in the Grab Bag section,(I think) where the Fodor Editors post questions for us to answer.
As far as Tinkerbell, well you remember what you have to do, right?
Clap your hands!

Jan 19th, 2001, 01:38 PM
Cindy

Nancy, I also cleaned this filthy house. You could actually eat off the floor -- if you were a dog. Maybe they'll take the site down for the rest of the month so I can give the whole house a good scrubbing.

Jan 19th, 2001, 01:51 PM
nancy

Cindy,
I understand where you are coming from, but , I hope not!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO