Need Help with Car Rentals

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Sherry

Need Help with Car Rentals

Now that I finally completed my itinerary I need help renting a car. Most Agencies say there is a minimum of 3 day rentals and I only need a car in Tuscany for 2! If we pay for 3 days the rate comes out to $100 a day. Any suggestions?

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Rex

There is no good solution to this problem. Look into rail'n'drive options on www.raileurope.com

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Gar

hi there,
only chance will be to rent it local. Ask Your hotel when arriving, or go to the next retal office at the airport/trainstation - it is no problem to get a car for 2 days.
enjoy Tuscany
Gar

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Joanne

Sherry: We just did a three day car rental in Italy for our trip next month through Auto Europe for just over $200. Picking the car up in Rome and dropping it off in Venice.

j

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:54 AM
up

at a price that is not so "up there"!

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 08:56 AM
sarah

I just booked a one way drop off compact, Rome to Florence for 170 Euros everything included for 48 hours through Budget.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Sherry

Thanks everyone for your responses - we really can only use the car for two days. We are picking it up in Florence to drive through some tuscan towns and then we are on our way to Venice two days later. $85-100 a day seems steep to me.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Rex

It is steep. Do you have no other train travel planned - - or could you use some? That's why I suggested the rail'n'drive.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Sherry

topping...

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 08:07 AM
Sherry

anyone?

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 08:26 AM
paula

what else you wanna hear? rent the car when you in town. it is no problem as said above. or use a train if you just wanna go to the city. what is your question now?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Sherry

Paula,
I am sorry if I was not clear - I guess I am just not getting the info I had hoped for. All the rental agencies I have contacted require a three day rental therefore bringing the $ too high for just two days. Budget did not quote me anything close ti what sarah got - so I was hoping there was somwhere else to look. The hotel Bellettini told me that they can arrange for a rental car when we arrive, but I am afraid the rates will be too high unless we reserve in advance. Bottom line - I am hoping to spend around $150 for two days!