Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Need help identifying a couple of photos!

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Ha folks...I have about six photos that I need to have identified before I can finalize my photo album from our trip to Budapest & Amsterdam. We took in so much history, there are simply a couple of places/statutes that I cannot remember or identify. There is a skull that I have a picture of that we took in the Matyas Church in the Castle District and I can't even tell you who the skull belongs to!!! There is a really cool building that is near the bus stop in the Castle District as well that has been fired at and has a really interesting history (we told our guide that we really thought it looked neat--almost as if it was built like that--but she assured us that it was not and actually, it is quite depressing for the Hungarians to look at because it brings back awful memories--I really, really want this picture in my photo album, as you can imagine. There is a statute down town that I can't remember...maybe one other picture.

Would somebody please consider contacting me and let me send over maybe two pictures and see if you can identify them? And then maybe another one...or two...but any help would be MOST appreicated. I have a really cool kodakgallery.com album of Budapest that I would be happy to share---I just need a little more help to identify a picture or two.

[email protected]

Thank you! This means a lot to us.

Dawn
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 07:36 PM

why don't you add the mystery photos to your Kodakgallery, then post the link so we can all have a crack at it..? (remember to uncheck the box that says we have to register)...
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Dear Travelnut:

Thank you SO much for the suggestion. I had no idea you could do this since they had removed the requirement to sign in (I was aware that they did that some time ago, but had no idea you could cut and paste the link!).

Thanks so much for taking the time to post that reply!!!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...8047528&page=1
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Actually, I don't think it will work. I have put 10 pictures on kodakgallery.com (mystery pictures) but I think that kodakgallery requires an actual email in order for the pictures to be viewed--even though you don't have to "sign in."

Dawn
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

Okay Travelnut...I figured if you knew about kodakgallery, you knew that I could do what you were asking!

See if this works:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 06:24 AM

Dawn, I can't help you ID the pictures, since I haven't been to those locations, but your link works just fine!
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully, a few folks will be able to recognize a couple of the pictures anyway.

Dawn
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 06:46 AM

#7 Matyas(Matthias, Mathias) Church info:
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...plom-BR-4.html
"...In the museum you can find Hunyadi László`s wife`s skull. Hunyadi was king Mátyás`s brother and was executed by the rival László the V.th...."

#9 Winery name: Balla Borhaz (above the doorway) - located in Szépasszonyvölgy, possibly a suburb of Eger
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 07:02 AM

#3 All I can get is that it's a statue commemorating battles between the Turkish and Hungarian knights...
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Hey, where have my posts gone? OK, let me try again:
#2 seems to be Holy Trinity column in Holy Trinity square.
#3 is 'Siege of Eger' monument. Don't know any particulars about the monument itself, the siege is a famous story about Eger.
#6 also don't know anything special about this building. It used to be, if I recall correctly, some ministry, the building damaged during WWII and hasn't been restored - nothing else that I know.
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Ian

#4 (musician) is actually in Eger. In a small park just near the entrance to the castle. I snapped the same photo.

Ian