need feedback on these apartment rental agencies in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Making our 6th visit to Rome for one week in May and hope to rent an apartment; one bedroom with double sleep sofa as the second couple will be with us only one night. Looking at properties ; bed and breakfast association of rome; papaverorentals.com
comfortitalia.com
sleepintialy
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has rented from the above; pros , cons, and if there are any specific apartment suggestions, they would be welcome
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM

Look at the apartment and agency reviews at www.slowtrav.com; you can see the agencies in alphabetical order by clicking on Agency.
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM

I recall that sleepinitaly gets mixed reviews on slow travel, but we had great response from them in the last couple of weeks while we were trying to find an apartment. We needed one with no stairs and that would be quiet. They gave us several alternatives to look at, and when we chose one, they were perfectly willing to accept a refunded deposit from another agency (we originally had been going with another couple who had to cancel, so we had to find a new place) instead of insisting on their own method of charging. In case you are interested, look at this link: http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/apt_giulia-gold.html. It got a very good review on tripadvisor as I recall. We will not be there until May 31 so I can't give you my own opinion of the apartment.

I think if you e-mail them direct rather than use the form supplied on the web site you may get a better response.
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM

I agree with charnees, we too have booked the same apartment Via Giulia Gold for early october with very good response and communication from www.sleepinitaly.com. Charnees I hope you can let us know how your stay goes there.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

thanks all for the input; also investigating rentalinrome and realrome which received good reviews on this site. Will contact sleepinitaly
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM

I used Sleep in Italy in January 2007 and was quite pleased with them, especially when the toilet broke and they worked to get it repaired within 1.5 hours.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM

We just used Rentalinrome and everything went very well with their communication and responsiveness.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 10:43 AM

I dealt with Sleep in Italy and with RealRome (I believe that is the name - with Tim?)

Was very impressed with them both. I had zero issues with whom we went with - Sleep in Italy - and would have gladly used Tim but the apartment was not what we wanted.