Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Apartment rental from Flat Rental Paris - any good?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking at renting a one bedroom apartment in the 4th arrondissement, on Rue du Bourg Tibourg, from this agency. Has anyone rented from them? Was the agency OK to deal with, and was the apartment OK? I have seen lots of postings about apartment rental from other agencies but have not yet seen anything about this one.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 04:41 PM

Huh? I just looked at their site and don't see an apartment at that location. Are you sure you're not looking at http://bienvenueaparis.com/apt-bourg.htm

which does have an apartment at that address? There were several recent posts about that apartment.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

The apartment they have offered is not on their web-site! I e-mailed about the rue Chartieres place, but it is not available for our dates. They then offered photographs of this other apartment. The pictures look good, the location and price are good, but it seems strange that the apartment they are offering isn't on their website.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:21 PM

It may be that they are offering apartments that are also offered by other sites. Did you look at the link I mentioned? I'm curious if that might be the same apartment which is normally rented out by the owners who have only two apartments they rent directly, but FlatRentalParis is offering it at an increased price. The normal price from the owners is $1200 US April to October, or $980 otherwise.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, yes I looked at the link you sent. It is not the same apartment. I think I have found the same apartment on another agency web-site: http://www.ahparis.com/photos.asp?la...date=2005/3/25

But this other agency is asking a lot more money. I haven't heard anything about the Flat Rental Paris agency. I'm a little worried because they haven't replied to my most recent e-mail in a few days, although up to now they have been very good at replying promptly.