Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

need clarification on Eurail saver flexipass please!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my queastion is in regards to the Eurail saver flexipass for 10 or 15 days.

is this ticket good for two people? as in one ticket is valid for two individuals ?

also with this ticket am i able to travel out side say from germany to greece, italy, france or any place withing the restricted limite?

The tickets valid for 10 or 15 days depending on which on you buy, but does that mean valid for the time spent traveling, like and over night train from germany to greece would be say one night. or does that mean the duration period when the ticket is validated by the train ticket window person??

I am looking for a travel meathod that is economical, where i am able to travel from germany to greece, italy, france and spain. if you have any recommendations or tips, advice or anything it would be very greatly accepted. thank you guys appriciate it!!!!
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 07:28 PM
J62

I'm not an Eurail pass expert. For the distances you are talking you may actually find it cheaper & faster to use low cost airlines, especially to/from Greece. A combination of plane then point-to-point rail tickets (not a pass) may be best.

Many people recommend www.whichbudget.com to search for low cost airlines in Europe.
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM

You need to enquire carefully about night trains. Some do not have seats - but only cabins with bunks and those are typically not covered by rail passes.
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 04:22 AM

I frequently use Flexi Passes and they are purchased for a specific number of travel days within a specified period.

According to their website: "A Saver pass is shared by 2-5 people traveling together at all times. "

You can get the specifics very clearly explained on the Rail Europe website. Read the FAQ's as well as the details of the pass you are considering for precise information.
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Original Poster

thank you guys very much appreciate the advice.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 01:05 AM

The saver pass price is per person - but requires 2- 5 people to travel together.