Search

need affirmation, germany weather in february

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 03:18 AM
jfm
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need affirmation, germany weather in february

friend and former munich resident maintains that while germany weather in february is certainly cold with snow, it is nothing like winters in new england - meaning less snow and warmer than new england.

i did some temperature averaging research of germany february weather and noted an average low of 20F, average high of 32F, with average 23 days below 32F.

now, that's generally what i know new england winters to be like, though admittedly germany seems in the averages to have less snowfall in general.

can anyone affirm accuracy of above, and / or offer any further insight into mid to late february weather characteristics in germany?

thank you in advance for your time spent in reply...jfm.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 03:59 AM
jfm
Original Poster

an additional thought--> maybe the real question is that, even though the weather maybe cold, what is the impact of the cold on tourist activities? i.e., is it reasonable to consider walking activities in munich, etc.?
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 05:48 AM

It's winter and it will be cold. Will 3 or 4 degrees difference really matter? Certainly you can walk around and do whatever you want in winter - just like in New England - it's just cold not siberian. Just wear warm clothes.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 06:39 AM

Hi! I just responded to your question regarding Munich in February and addressed the weather question. We were there in February of this year and it was indeed freezing. We are from St. Louis and it does get cold here, but it did not prepare us for the blustery cold weather in Munich. I would plan lots of indoor activities and definitely bundle up.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 07:02 AM

Affirmation, thanks to Stuart Smalley: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggone it! People like me!"
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 07:36 AM

We too will be in Bavaria in mid-February (4.5 days over Valentine's Day weekend). We're used to cold weather as we live in Colorado but we too are a little apprehensive about how extreme temperatures (if there is a severe cold spell) will hamper our trip. We normally love to walk everywhere (quite literally, up to a 4-5 mile distance to see a sight) and rarely take a taxi or public transportation.