Need a hotel in Venice

Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Need a hotel in Venice

Prior to our cruise I will be arriving 2 days early in Venice in May '08 and would like to stay in a hotel that other travelers have found to be clean reasonable and in the center of attractions ($250-300) if possible. I appreciate any responses.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM

Last summer we stayed at Hotel Dona Palace -- a four-star located just a couple of blocks off of St. Mark's Square. Rated #13 of 373 hotels in Venice. Our room had a view of the Bridge of Sighs (so you can see it is in the center of attractions).

Since it is right on a canal, if you don't want to drag your luggage through the streets, etc., you can hire a water taxi to take you right to the hotel, where you alight on the terrace. Water taxis are a splurge, but they can be worth it especially if time is tight or luggage cumbersome.

The hotel had a very nice breakfast, as well. I would stay there again.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM

we stayed at the hotel orion this past july and loved it. it is located just a couple of blocks off san marco and was quite nice. no elavator but the porter carried our bags for us and breakfast was included. that was nothing special but as we are not big breakfast people it really didn't matter.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:30 PM

www.lacalcina.com

I've stayed there twice, it's lovely, and well within that price range (even for a view room).
Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM

I stayed at the following hotel last week.
A La Commedia Hotel
Sestiere San Marco 4596 A
Venice

I booked it through Expedia and was very happy with my choice. Located by the Rialto Bridge, the location is convenient. The staff was wonderful and the facility was very comfortable. The room rate also includes breakfast.