Need 3 bedroom apartment suggestions in Rome; central location

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need an apartment for mom, dad, son (22) and daughter (20). If son and daughter bring friends, we could need accommodation for 6. I'd like to be in a lively area, close to museums, markets, and good places to eat. My son and daughter would like an area with shopping and some lively, albiet safe nightlife. We'll be traveling in June or July, so air conditioning would be a must. I appreciate any suggestions.
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:49 PM

We stayed at palazzo olivia- great location. I think they only have 1&2 brm apt., but you could probably get a 1 & 2 brm apt on the same floor.
Old May 24th, 2010, 09:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
One of these might work.
http://www.residenzagiubbonari.com/home.html
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. kybourbon, have you stayed at the residenzagiubbonari?
Old May 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

topping
Old May 25th, 2010, 02:12 PM

Why don't you go to sleepinitaly.com and VRBO.com and look for apartments and then ask for people's opinions? I have heard that Residenza Giubbonari is on a very noisy street (until 2 - 3 am.)
Old May 25th, 2010, 04:27 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I haven't stayed there, but there have been other Fodorites that have stayed in the various apartments. Do a search and you should turn up the threads. Some apartments/bedrooms were reported to have an issue with noise while others didn't. Any area with nightlife will have some noise.
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 12:32 PM
CIB

You don't mention that you want to cook, so I'm mentioning this...
We stayed at Daphne Trevi and had the entire 3 bedroom area with a small living room. There were two restrooms for the 3 bedrooms. http://www.daphne-rome.com
There were six of us and it was a very nice place.
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM

It's sometimes useful to search for large apartments by checking out accommodations that say they sleep more than the number you are looking for. That's because rental owners will often count sleep sofas and bunk beds as part of their "sleeps 6" -- and your group might be more comfortable with real beds in separate bedrooms.

Tripadvisor has hooked up with Flipkey to advertise rental apartments for Rome on their website, and they often include lots of up-to-date user reviews.

I found this by doing a google search "tripadvisor rome rental apartment sleeps 8"

http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationR...ome_Lazio.html

Good luck!
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 02:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
hi elaine,

some agencies will list by no of bedrooms - 4 years ago we rented a 3 bedroomed apartment in rome through www.italyaccom.com. they list by no of people, bedrooms, area, etc.

i can't help you much with the nightlife as our idea of a good night out is a decent meal, but anywhere in the piazza navona/pantheon/campo dei fiori triangle should be fine.
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 01:48 AM

maybe you can find something here:

http://www.rentalr.com/rent-apartments/italy/rome/

About Rome nightlife, here you could find interesting information:

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/city...rope/Rome.html
http://www.rome.info/entertainment/nightlife/
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...Rome-BR-1.html
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 03:23 AM

We just returned from Italy and rented an apartment in Trastevere -- wonderful neighborhood! It's very quick and easy to get to Centro Storico on the tram.

We rented through www.sleepinitaly.com and had an excellent experience. Their website is very easy to browse and their communication is excellent.

Trastevere is lively at night, but still our apartment was quiet. There are many trattorias that are more for locals, so the food AND prices are very, very good. Our first night there we nearly flipped when our dinner was half of what we'd paid the night before in Venice!

It's easy to get to Campo di Fiore (major food market) on the tram, and there are charming food shops all around the Trastevere neighborhood. We were two doors down from a cheese/salami shop (alimentari) that was amazing.
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 06:16 AM

zeppole offers excellent advice when he suggests looking for "sleeps more than you need" places. Think about the privacy needs of your party first -- in many apartments, a single room for a child is small and has only a curtain to separate it from the rest of the place. This is fine for a little one, but you may need/want more privacy for adults.
Old Jun 10th, 2010, 10:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
ditto what Zeppole says about space. we look for 3 bedroomed apartments now, even though there are 4 of us, not just because our kids are adults of different sexes but also because of the extra living space this usually gives you. the 1st apartment we rented in Rome had two living rooms and two terraces as well as 2 1/2 bedrooms and two bathrooms.

good luck with your searches.