Reload this Page >

Near Glasgow Airport???

Search

Near Glasgow Airport???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 01:16 PM
sarabeth

Near Glasgow Airport???

First trip to Scotland. Very long flight over from West Coast U.S. Can anyone recommend a quiet small hotel near a major highway around Glasgow Airport. We will drive the next day to Pitlochy and north. Thanks. Sara

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 02:35 PM
rob mccoist

sarabeth<BR><BR>we usually always use the Travel Inn beside the airport and close to the city centre highway. Details atBR><BR>http://www.travelinn.co.uk/TI/index.jsp?page=inn&amp;id=81<BR><BR>We have found it quiet, the rooms are a good size with the usual amenities at a rate of approx &pound;50 per room.

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 02:56 PM
janis

I also recommend the TravelInn. It is not a quaint or comfy place. Just a servicable airport hotel. But it is about 2 minutes by shuttle to the terminal. That would let you completely relax overnight before even picking up your rental car. Save that extra dat's rental and just stay at the airport. You could take public transport into Glasgow if you felt the urge.<BR><BR>If that does not appeal then I would head over to Loch Lomond. It is a short drive from the airport and there are MANY B&amp;Bs and hotels to choose from in places like Balloch, Alexandria, Arden, Gartocharn or Luss.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 04:38 PM
sarabeth

Thanks both. We have booked at the Inverbeg Hotel in Luss on Loch Lomond. We figure we can make it that far and then run out of steam. Any input?

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 10:30 PM
janis

sarabeth - you will love Luss. The loch is very pretty there and the village is full of lovely gardens. It is an easy drive - unless you are traveling on a Bank Holiday weekend or in the height of August. Even then it isn't a terrible drive - just a lot amount of traffic on the A82 which is a main N/S highway.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 11:12 PM
Sheila

I think you'll like the Inverbeg too. It's a super place. It's not exactly on the DIRECT route from Glasgow to Pitlochry but you will see some super scenery on your way.