Naxos to Mykonos ferry

Search

Naxos to Mykonos ferry

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naxos to Mykonos ferry

We are planning a trip to Greece in Mid-Sept.
Athens 3 nights
Naxos 3 nights
Santorini 3 nights
Chania 5 nights.

We wanted to do a day-trip from Naxos to Mykonos, but i can't find the ferry to fit the schedule. Someone in the post mentioned "Naxos Star". How do I book this?
Thanks!
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

Please help! Is it possible to do a day trip to Mykonos from Naxos?
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Hi

Have you looked at www.gtp.gr. Ferry is about 1hr 25 minutes. When you get to Naxos buy your ticket to Mykonos. Hire a car in Mykonos to do your sightseeing. Hope this helps. We will be in Paros. Can't wait - September is lovely in the Cyclades.

Buon voyage
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.
I have looked at the website. I can't find a ferry back from Mykonos to Naxos back on the same day.
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 02:23 AM

Hi

That can't be right, surely. I'm sure people do the day trip to Delos via Mykonos from Naxos. Don't worry too much about it - I feel certain you'll get a ticket when you get there. Otherwise it's another day on Naxos - oh well someones's gotta do it

Good luck
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 04:29 PM

I have been trying to figure out how long the ferry ride is from Mykonos to Santorini...any idea? We are going in late September and have heard the ferry is 7 hours, it that's the case we might pay to fly. I checked that ferry website and it looks like the only boat doing that route is a highspeed cat.
Old Aug 30th, 2006, 04:38 PM

Robinwarz - I id that ferry ride, albeit 11 yrs. ago and till this day I DREAD IT! Mykonos to Santorini was 8 hours long and included 3 or 4 stops. The bathrooms were horrific (and I'm being nice!), food was horrible, the boat was packed to the nines with every kind of vagabond you can think of. The ony two pluses to the whole trip (and wasted day) was the fact that the seas cooperated and it was a smooth ride, and second, the scenery was magnificent! However, I will NEVER EVER EVER DO IT AGAIN! I was so glad I had the forsight to arrange for us to fly back to Athens from Santorini - in 45 minutes a breeze! Besides, no one has been brave enough to tell you the Greek way of doing things yet on these posts. If they say a boat is leaving at 11, rest assured that boat isn't going anywhere before Noon! But beware, sometimes they just leave when they feel like it, or not at all!
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 04:57 AM

We took the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini last year and it was only about 3 hours. It does make 2 or 3 stops on the way, but they were very quick stops. We opted for business class, which last year was only a few Euros more. I just checked the ferry's website and now business class is 14 Euros more. In business class, you are upstairs with seats similar to business class on a plane and have your own overhead space for your luggage as opposed to the large luggage bins downstairs where everyone had their luggage piled up. There is also a lounge in business class selling food and drinks, and the bathrooms were quite fine. The website for the ferry is www.hellenicseaways.gr
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM

We just returned from Greece in August. The hydrofoil ride from Mykonos to Santorini is 2.5 hours. We also chose business class since it gives you a little more room than economy.

If you are at all prone to seasickness,make sure that you take medication with you! The seas may cooperate during your ride, but ours was extremely turbulent for the entire time in July.