My apartment rental in Paris

Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apartment rental in Paris

I have been back from Paris for a week now and I wanted to let everyone know that I loved the apartment i rented!

I rented from parisbestlodge.com and really liked the experience. First of all, Theirry who runs parisbestlodge.com is a great host and very friendly. He answered all my questions and gave me great directions. Once I arrived and was let into the unit, he stopped by to collect the money and show me around. He is a very honest man..

Second, the apartment was my little home away from home. The price I paid was lower than a hotel with more amenities and lots of space. The apartment had a washer/dryer, kitchenette, big bathroom, CD player, TV with VCR and a lot of little extras like CD's and guidebooks.

The apartment was very cute and had a comfortable bed, leather love seat and 2 chairs. The view out the 2 French doors was over the rooftops and within view of the top of St Pauls church. The bed was real comfortable and had good sheets, duvet and fluffy pillows. I also love the old beamed ceilings.

I especially love the location on the rue Rivoli right at the St Paul metro station. Right across the street was a "supermarche", boulangerie, wine shop, cheese shop, chinese take away and more! There are also a bunch of good bistros and wine bars in the area. The Marais is really a fun neighborhood and really make you feel like you are a resident of Paris.

There is a real good representation on their websight of the apartment but if anyone has any questions, let me know!

P.S. Don't get to excited about the washer/dryer. It was a good thing to have but a load of wash took over 2 hours. The unit is a combo washer and dryer so you can do a second load until you finish drying the first. Its not like a US washer and dryer! My clothes always came out terriblIy wrinkled but a spray with a water bottle (that I bought) and a good ironing helped!

See the photos here....

http://www.parisbestlodge.com/rivoli.html
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:42 AM

You got a nice apartment for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 08:45 AM

I just read your blog, thank you! Patti
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:22 AM
stevefrat

Hi Richard,

We just reserved the Rivoli apartment through Paris Best Lodge. How noisy was the apartment? I'm not that concerned about it; just curious to know if I'm going to need ear plugs. My wife can sleep through anything, but I'm a bit more tempermental.

Thanks,
Steve

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 07:23 AM
stevefrat

Sorry - didn't realize this was an old post.

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM

Thanks for the report!

Just wondering...does the host provide any listing of locals restaurants, shops (hours of operation), etc.?

I have been hearing good things about this area of Paris, and like the look of the apartment.

Thanks again!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 12:42 PM

..I just have a question in general. I have noticed that many of the studios now have a bed in the living area. In the past they used hiode a beds (actually flop downs) which aren't too comfortable. Do any of the rest of you have trouble with the bed in livingroom thing when you are traveling alone? I do..but maybe it is just me. I really don't rent a studio unless it is an alcove or murphy bed thing..I just have trouble having guests over..same for a hotel room. Am I the only one??
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM

I'm looking into this apartment and was curious if there is a refrigerator? Thanks.
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 08:09 PM
cw

I'm sure it does. It says a fully furnished kitchen. If you're concerned, just e-mail and ask.
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 09:15 PM

Thanks cw. I emailed the owner but was just wanted to get the info faster from Richard.
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 05:57 AM

Richard may not visit the site anymore, his post is over two years old.
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 06:07 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
richardab is a long time regular on here. Still posts so might see your question . . . . . .
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

I am still here! Yes there is a refrig, but its one of those small under the counter style ones. On the websight look at the picture of the kitchen....

The first wood door is the combo washer/dryer, the second door is the under cabinet storage and the third (under the cook top) is the refrig.

I hope you like this apartment, when you contact Theirry tell him richardab sent you!
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 08:24 PM

Thank for the reply Richard. I assumed one of those doors was it but I just wanted to make sure. Thierry replied to confirm.
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 09:18 AM

Hi! Wanted to share with everyone the apartment I stayed in. Very nice studio, so it's only enough for two people. Location was great. Clean, quiet. Will stay there again.
http://www.parisaddress.com/paris-ap...php?ref=BEAU14
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
livnparis: Are you sure? You have only posted twice and both were just to flog this apartment. Seems like you may be advertising your own property . . . . . .