Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

???MV MONET cruise from Venice to Dub and back..

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Viki

Anyone here been on this cruise? Starts in Venice and stops in several Dali islands.<BR>Thanks for any info.<BR> <BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Sue

Viki,<BR><BR>I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question. What is the tour company? Sounds interesting!!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Sue

Viki,<BR><BR>Sorry, I meant what is the name of the cruise line?

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Grandma

WE went on this cruise in September. Reserved thru Elegant Cruises in Port Washington, NY. On board were also small groups from several universities. All in all about 75 people. The ship and our room was very nice. Crew very pleasant and helpful. We found the ports of call interestting (lots of Roman ruins) and took this cruise specifically becasue my husband wanted to see Dubrovnik. (A must see.)<BR>Breakfast buffets were very good, rest of food seemed &quot;so-so&quot; to us, but we live in NYC and have traveled (and eaten) a lot! All in all a nice low key introduction to the Dalmation coast.<BR>Also: dress is NOT fancy (tho the brochure might lead you to take your sequins and diamonds.!)

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 03:43 PM
grandma

PS Please excuse misspellings, grammar errors, etc.! Our trip stopped in Ravenna.. nice if you're interested in the mosaics, since getting to Ravenna is a bit of a bore and the city doesn't have much else to offer. One of our fellow cruisers compared it to Rotterdam!!

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Caroline

Anyone else been on this cruise? Is it mostly an older crowd?

Old Mar 9th, 2003, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going on the cruise in April 2003.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 04:02 PM

Caroline- Most people that take River Cruises are between 40-70....<BR>tends to be older people who have travelled the regular cruises and want something a little different.....<BR><BR>We did the MS Cezanne from Arles to Lyon and it was fantastic- but like Gramma said, the food is just so so-- but we didn't go for the food , as the scenery was INCREDIBLE!! as were the excursions!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 02:43 PM

Youngest couple on our cruise were 50.<BR>(Wife was involved with travel biz and was on a Fam trip.)Zippiest, most energetic person we met was a young man of 80!! We found that we independent travelers had very little contact with those in groups. They all had their own schedules and activities.