Search

MuseumKaart Amsterdam- Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MuseumKaart Amsterdam- Question

Hello,
I have booked my Van Gogh and Anne Frank time slots online but I plan to purchase the Museumkaart. The first museum I plan on visiting when I arrive in Amsterdam is Van Gogh. Can anyone tell me if I can get the Museumkaart at the Van Gogh museum the same day of my visit? Is there a certain place to purchase this before entering the museum? I am not sure how it works, I do not want to lose my time slot, but I want to have enough time to get the pass and honor my time slot at the museum.

Thank you
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 09:38 AM

I would suggest you go to another museum first and buy the kaart there. Maybe the Amsterdam Museum on the Kalverstraat, which should be quieter than most, and certainly a lot quieter than the van Gogh, even though the van Gogh is a sales point for the kaart. You don't have to actually visit the museum, though it is fairly interesting, and will help you get your money's worth out of the card which you won't get if you only visit the van Gogh, Anne Frank and Rijks.
If you decide to buy it at the museum you will have to show your timed entry ticket before you enter and then buy the card and go through a further check inside.
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 11:16 AM

Do Holland Tourist Office at Schiphol or near central Station still sell Museum Cards?
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by PalenQ
Do Holland Tourist Office at Schiphol or near central Station still sell Museum Cards?
AFIK you never could. You can only buy one online (if a resident) or at a participating museum. The card is aimed mainly at residents, but EU citizens can register their card online and receive one valid for a year and indefinite entry. The temporary one is only valid for five museum visits..
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 12:20 PM

Dank u (very) wel!
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, this is the first museum I am visiting so I will most likely purchase it at the museum. I have a 9am ticket slot, but when I purchased I choose the museumkaart free ticket. Would it be wise to arrive to the museum at 8:30am to do all of this?
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hetismij2
I would suggest you go to another museum first and buy the kaart there. Maybe the Amsterdam Museum on the Kalverstraat, which should be quieter than most, and certainly a lot quieter than the van Gogh, even though the van Gogh is a sales point for the kaart. You don't have to actually visit the museum, though it is fairly interesting, and will help you get your money's worth out of the card which you won't get if you only visit the van Gogh, Anne Frank and Rijks.
If you decide to buy it at the museum you will have to show your timed entry ticket before you enter and then buy the card and go through a further check inside.
Thank you, this is the first museum I am visiting so I will most likely purchase it at the museum. I have a 9am ticket slot, but when I purchased I choose the museumkaart free ticket. Would it be wise to arrive to the museum at 8:30am to do all of this?
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 03:47 PM

Or if in area a day or so before?
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 09:22 PM

It doesn't really matter; once you are inside you can spend as much time as you like there.