Reload this Page >

Museum reservations in Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 07:34 PM
Ed

Does anyone know how critical it is to make reservations for the Uffizi, Galleria de l'Accademia, and other museums in November?<BR><BR>What would be a cost-effective but reputable way to make these reservations? (i.e. by phone, web, etc.)<BR><BR>Ed

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:07 PM
Rex

I can't say this from personal experience IN November - - but it is such a good idea to make reservations for the Uffizi. Simply e-mail your hotel and ask if they provide the service.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:55 PM
Jean

Ed: Do a "Text Search" by typing the words "Uffizi Museum". When the post appears "Uffizi Museum and Accademia", I believe the last date was 10/19, check this out. Eye Spy gave a very good detail how to obtain ticket.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:58 PM
beth

Your hotel should do this for you

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 03:33 AM
to the front

of the queue.<BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Howard

Assuming you'll be in Florence for more than a day, you can wait until you get there to make reservations.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Louisa

I just returned from Italy and having been an obsessive planner I made reservations for as many museums as possible in advance of our departure. We had reservations for the Accademia for the third entrance of the day, however, we arrived just before they openned and were able to go right in just ignoring our reservations. We had reservations for the Uffizi later the same day and we were very very glad to have them as the line ups were insane for people without reservations. We were able to just walk right in which was very nice. I was there just a week ago so I have a feeling that the crowd situations would be similar to November as all the tour groups go to these galleries. <BR><BR>I made the reservations by calling the Accademia to make reservations for both galleries. The booking fee is only about 1.55 Euros so don't sweat the cost-effectiveness of it! I hope you enjoy the galleries as they are a wonderful experience.<BR><BR>Just to let you know the Accademia really is very small apart from the David so don't give yourself a huge amount of time, save it for the Uffizi! Also while you're there go to the Bargello which has an astounding collection of sculpture and other artifacts (and no tour groups if you go early in the morning!).<BR><BR>Happy travels and good luck!!<BR><BR>Louisa

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Rex

topping, for Ed...<BR>