Reload this Page >

Museum reservations in Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Ed

Does anyone know how critical it is to make reservations for the Uffizi, Galleria de l'Accademia, and other museums in November?<BR><BR>What would be a cost-effective but reputable way to make these reservations? (i.e. by phone, web, etc.)<BR><BR>Ed

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Rex

Ed,<BR><BR>It's considered (slightly) bad etiquette to ask the exact same question again just a day after you first asked it - - but maybe you had difficulty locating your first question.<BR><BR>Here it is:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&amp;tid=34375180<BR><BR>and I will &quot;top&quot; it for you, as well.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Ed

Rex, My apologies. I must have hit refresh or something and it reposted.<BR>Ed

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Trish

We were in Florence a week ago. I don't know about the other museums but we did not need reservations for the Accademia - we had about a 10 minute wait.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Rex

Oh yes, that can happen. I hope I was not impolite.<BR>

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Shar

Definitely worth getting reservations before hand fi they are available. You ahve shorter lines. Use web sites. We found out from looking at guide books at bookstore that reservations were necessary for the Borghese Gallery in Rome and we booked them on line. Others are on line as well. Don't have the info at my fingertips but I know that Rick Steves does so try his websites. Shar