Reload this Page >

Museum Reservations

Search

Museum Reservations

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 03:45 AM
Anna

Museum Reservations

OK, I'm ready to make my advance reservations for the Uffizi, Accademia (sp?)and Villa Borghese for July! We only have one day in Florence and as far as booking times, would it make sense to see David around 12:00 (it's my guess that many people would be having lunch at that hour) and the Uffizi later in the day when the crowds begin to disappear? Thanks for the input!

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:41 AM
ppp

I´d book the Accademia around 11am and the Uffizi around 3pm. Having a relaxed lunch is one of life´s pleasures

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:46 AM
elaine

I found the Uffizi pretty taxing, and I'm more energetic early in the day, so on my first day in Florence I was pleased I went to the Uffizi first thing in the a.m. Then we took a break and did other things, went to the Accademia around 4pm.<BR>The Accademia is a much smaller and easier museum.

Old May 12th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Anna

Thanks ppp and Elaine! I took your advice and booked the Uffizi in the morning and the Accademia in the afternoon (makes more sense). I was told however, that cameras are not allowed in either museum. Was this the case when you visited?

Old May 12th, 2002, 04:13 PM
amy

Cannot remember taking pictures at the Uffizi. Remember hords of people taking photos at the Accademia. Perhaps the museum personnel got tired of saying "no flash."

Old May 12th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Kathy

At the Accademia, you can take pictures (but without a flash). At the Uffizi, no pictures - and don't even think about getting close to the art - the museum staff does scold.