Search

Munich Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Munich Hotels

Can someone recommend a four or five star hotel on the outskirts of Munich the week of April 7th?
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:08 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by outskirts, but I can recommend the Arabella Sheraton Grand, which is located at Arabella Park (last stop on U-4) in NE part of the city. That's about a 15 min. ride to Karlsplatz on the U-Bahn.<BR><BR>I really like this hotel. The room decor and lighting are exquisite, and the service is just as good. The only drawback is that it's often too far away from the city center for most.
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:29 AM

http://www.muenchen-tourist.de/englisch/index_e.htm<BR><BR>This is the link to the Munich Tourist Bureau. Under Accommadation it lists just about all of the hotels in Munich. They are listed by area, so you would not need to check the Center section.<BR><BR>Curious
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:21 AM
rex

Romantik Hotel Insel der Muehle.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:15 AM

Rex's suggestion is a better choice I think. Sheraton Grand is a good hotel for room quality but you must like the idea of staying in a total 70s planned suburb with little charm and bugger all to do or see in the immediate environs (I worked next door for 18 mths). The Grand itself is a totally hideous building - worst in the area- and overlooks two main roads. Alternatives - go for a hotel on Starnberger See (large lake) - 20 mins fast train to Tutzing, 35-45 mins Sbahn (end stop Tutzing). Go for Starnberg (ubahn -3 stops before Tutzing at one end of lake), Tutzing (my choice) or Berg - hotel Dorint right on lake opposite side to Starnberg. Could also look at Herrsching on nearby Ammersee. These places have infinitely more charm than Arabella Park.
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:23 AM

We enjoyed the Munich Marriott, which is in a quiet area. Close to a U-bahn station so easy access to city center. Typical Marriott, good rooms, covered parking, etc. Also convenient to the autobahn if you are driving. All in all, a good place to stay if you do not want to stay in city center. This hotel also often has very good rates available. It can be found on the Marriott web page, marriott.com.