Munich hotel near airport

Mar 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Munich hotel near airport

Our party of 4 will be arriving and departing Munich at different times and will probably be staying only 1 night. Two members of our party will be spending the next 6 weeks in Europe so we will have a good bit of luggage. Is there a nice hotel near the airport with shuttle service? For the one day that we will be in Munich we can take a tour. Do the tour companies in Germany pick up at the hotels? We did a semi-private van tour in the Loire area of France a few years ago. I don't thing anyone wants to drive but we would like for someone to show us around and maybe bring us to Neuschwanstein Castle.
Mar 21st, 2007, 06:04 PM

The Kempinski Hotel is right on the airport property but it is fairly pricey, about 190 to 250 Euro per night per room. It is very convenient as you simply have to walk across a courtyard from the airport to enter the hotel. You can take the S- Bahn into Munich from the airport right in the same courtyard so, although it is about a 40 minute ride, it is very easy to get into Munich and back to the hotel. There is a market in the airport across from the hotel courtyard as well so you can stock up on breakfast items and save yourself the cost of breakfast at the hotel. We stayed there last October on our last night in Munich as we had an early morning flight and wanted the convenience. We got up and walked over to the airport and got our boarding passes and checked our luggage. After that we went back up to the room to enjoy a leisurly breakfast and a pot of coffee while watching the news before we had to go back to the airport and face the security line and the busy travel day.
Mar 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM

Hi amberkat,
On two trips we have spent our last night at the Moevenpick Hotel, just 10 min. from the airport. Buffet breakfast (included) starts at 6am, although a more limited breakfast starts at 4am. They have a very convenient hotel shuttle bus.

http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com:80/...rt/welcome.htm

Freising, Germany (nice old town) is just 10 min. away.

Paul
Mar 22nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Arabella? They are supposed to have shuttle service, and since they don't state a price I'm assuming it is free. I think my husband has stayed at the Movenpick. I didn't realize it was near the airport. Has anyone gotten good hotels for this area on priceline?
Mar 22nd, 2007, 03:43 PM

Hi again amberkat,
I've never used Priceline, so I can't offer advice there. My advice would be...don't assume the shuttle service is free, ask, otherwise you can not compare prices accurately.

Another place I can recommend is
The Park Hotel (Best Western) in Erding, Germany (15 min. from the airoprt). Very nice hotel, just a block or so from the train station and a 5 minute walk to the very pretty pedestrian zone (old town) of Erding.
We stayed here in Oct. 2006. We payed $104.00 (U.S.) including an excellent buffet breakfast. We had a 7am. flight and needed to leave by 5am, so the manager had breakfast all set up for us early (4:30am).

Paul