Munich-Camogli and back

Search

Munich-Camogli and back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2018, 12:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Munich-Camogli and back

We are planning to drive from Munch to Camogli and back this summer. We think we will go Munich-Ortesei-Modena-Camogli. We stay there a week, then a week in Piemonte before driving bach.

Is Ortesei a good place to stay? We have one night between Munich and Modena. Going back, we start in Alessandria in Piemonte. What route would you recommend? I would like a lovely pass, but not incredibly frightening, and stay in a Bavarian or Austrian picturesque town. I was thinking of Maloja pass and Garmich, but that is two hours more than googlemaps fastet route. Is it worth it? Other suggestions? We have done St. Bernhardpass many times, so I want something else.
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 07:11 AM

Ortisei is worth a visit for sure.
Alternatively you could check
Alta Badia (can be combined with Ortisei),
Madonna di Campiglio,
Riva del Garda or any other place along Lake Garda.

The alpine leg of the itinerary from Alessandria/Milan via Lake Como - Maloja Pass - Lakes Sils, Silvaplauna, Champfer and San Murezzan - Scuol (thermal spa and castle) - Landeck - Imst - Nassereith - Leermos to Garmisch is much more scenic than that of the San Bernardino - Chur itinerary.
The most scenic approach from Alessanddria to Lake Como goes via Arona - Stresa - Intra - car ferry - Laveno - Luino - Lake Lugano - Porlezza - Menaggio, but it's much more time consuming than the motorway via Milan - Lecco.
Old Apr 30th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Where would you sped the night? Would love to go to Stresa, ut that has to be another trip I have been to Garda plenty of times, we thought we would take the highway and stop by Madonna delte Curore in Spiazzi on the other side of Monte Baldo instead.

Last edited by Reven; Apr 30th, 2018 at 11:45 AM.