Reload this Page >

Munich airport shuttle service FROM Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 08:28 AM
kjulie

I tried to find on the internet a shuttle service from hotels in Munich to the airport. I am looking for something that is reasonably priced. In other words cheaper than a taxi but more expensive than the subway/train.<BR><BR>We normally use shuttles in Paris and in the US. Do they have this type of service in Munich? The only things that I have found so far are much more expensive than the price of a taxi. Please post a website if you know of one.<BR><BR>FYI, chances are that I will be staying at the Holiday Inn South in a residential area just outside the city center.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 10:26 AM
XXX

kjulie,<BR><BR>You seem to lack the knowledge to do searches on your own prior to posting questions on this board. <BR><BR>Why don't you contact the hotel you now plan to stay. They would certainly know about any and all transportation available.<BR><BR>You might also do a google search on Munich shuttle services.<BR><BR>XXX

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Bob Brown

And XXX you can take a hike.<BR>The question is legit. And obviously you haven't a clue as to the correct answer.<BR><BR>For kjule. I have sought an answer to the same question and so far, I have come up empty. This past year, I tried two ways: take the Sbahn all the way.<BR>It is fairly easy, and takes about 45 minutes. There are escalators and elevators at many of the Ubahn-Sbahn stations and the the interface at Marienplatz is fairly easy. The cost is almost nominal.<BR><BR>The other method, and the one I prefer for my hotel, is to take the Lufthansa shuttle bus between the Nordfriedhof stop and the airport. I have done that going and coming. The bus runs about every 20 minutes. You can get to your final destination in one of two or three ways. I had the bus driver radio ahead for a taxi, which pulled behind us about the time we got our luggage from the bus.<BR><BR>The Nordfriedhof busstop is next to the U6 (If I recall right) Ubahn stop.<BR>This line follows down Leopoldstrasse through Schwabing to Odeonsplatz and Marienplatz, which is the heart of downtown.<BR><BR>We found either way fairly easy to use.<BR>However, a taxi is not all that much money wise, I understand, something like 50 - 60 euro.<BR>You will not save huge amounts by taking the bus, because it is a little more expensive than the Sbahn route.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 10:22 AM
jjj

Depending on where your hotel is the cost of a taxi could be more, it would have been a little over $100 to get to our hotel near the Haufbnhf. The S is really easy and inexpensive--is there some reason why you don't want to use this mode of transport?<BR><BR>As far as a shuttle I think that depends on the hotel, while I don't agree with XXX's attitude I do agree with his suggestion to contact your hotel directly and inquire there.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 12:28 PM
nia

<BR>Take the subway, it is very easy. They hardly have any stairs to climb up or down so it does matter if you have a whole bunch of luggage. Also, the walkways to the subway cars are very short. It is the simplest thing, there is nothing to explain, just do it.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 02:57 AM
nick

Agree with Nia. In my 18 mths there I never saw any sign of a shuttle. If you have a family - ask for a group ticket. Per person it works out very cheaply. Taxis in Munich are expensive and the airport is not close - so prices quoted of $60 and up are in the right ball park.