Multi-city booking

Search

Multi-city booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi-city booking

I realize that various travel sites have an option for going in and out of different cities...I also realize that I am not experienced at doing it efficiently, so am asking for assistance,
We want to go from Sacamento/ S.F. to N.Y for a few days, then to Wash. D.C. for a few, then to Rome/Florence for a couple of weeks, then to England for a couple of weeks, then back to the Bay Area...starting the whole thing on 4 Oct. 07....I don't expect anyone to work all this out for us, just hoping for some friendly tips...knowing that you are among the most helpful people ANYWHERE, I await your replies...
Dupher
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I would suggest you post this on the airline forum also.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:25 AM

You can do a muti-city using one of the airline sites such as United which flies to all of those places, and has non-stops from Washington DULLES (IAD) to Heathrow and also from LHR back to SFO

Or you could also price it on Expedia.

I would do both.

You could also use a site such as www.itasoftware.com which is an aggregator site and might give you the widest variety of possibilities.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

showcasing my stupidity...where does one do that?
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

I meant..how do I post on the airline forum?...thank you for your replies
Dupher
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:28 AM

I think most people are just trying to do a simple open-jaw ticket when they talk about multiple cities (ie, fly into one city and back from another). Your itinerary is pretty complex as it involves so many stops (NY, DC, Rome, England). However, if you truly want to do this by air, just go to the multiple city option on a website and see how many they let you put in. I don't think most allow that many stops, but could be wrong.

However, my main thought is that the flight to NY and then to DC really have nothing to do with your European trip, it's just a separate trip, and even the NY and DC segments have nothing to do with each other. Just get the cheapest ticket you can to NY and from NY to DC (I live in DC and prefer the train from NY to DC myself, I'd really suggest that, it's a lot easier than flying nowadays and probably won't take any longer -- besides, the train station is right downtown). You should look for an airline that has cheap one-way flights for that part -- like Southwest Airlines which prices each segment separately.

So, without knowing any other cheap one-way airlines, I'd book Southwest Airlines from Sacramento to LGA, then take Amtrak from NY to DC. YOu can use the airline websites/Expedia, etc. for the European trip then.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:30 AM

to the left, there is drop down box that reads "change forum" and lists the various forums here. Click the down arrow and scroll to Airlines, choose it. Voila!
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 06:30 AM

oh if you want to post on a different forum, either choose that forum from the Fodors homepage for the Talk forums, or choose "airlines" from the forum list at the upper left side of this window you are looking at, where you can change forums.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

You folks never cease to amaze me with your generous spirit and willingness to help...thank you for your time and energy...
Dupher
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 01:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
dupher - While I'm sure you will get multiple responses here, there are some people that hang out on the airline forum that know all the ins-and-outs of the various airlines and are quite helpful.