Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Muguet Hotel in Paris - room for three people

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate any informations from those who actually traveled in a group of three and stayed in of the rooms designated for three. Please describe your room and your experiences when staying there. Where was your room located, what floor and did you have any views? They do have rooms for three available for $140.00 euros per night but breakfast is not included.

Would consider staying at another hotel in the same area for about 140-150 euros.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 05:59 AM

Check out the Hotel du Lys, rue Serpente, in the 6th. It has a triple on the rez-du-chaussee (what we in US call the first floor); it has a view of the street. They may have another triple; I'm not sure about that. It is in a bldg. which dates from the 17th century and has lots of charm and is in a location (near St. Michel and Odeon metros) that is great for exploring both the left and right banks w/o necessarily using the metro. Not luxurious; it's a 2 star; no elevator, but continental breakfast is included. I think it's hard to beat for the money in that area of St. Germain. www.hoteldulys.com
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 07:26 AM

earlxx, confirm that what you get is 3 actual beds (ie 'twins' but 3 instead of 2) rather than 2 beds and a 'cot'; that is, if you are three adults traveling together. I didn't see any room photos for an actual triple on their website or on the parisby.com gallery. They also don't list a triple on their own rate schedule.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 08:03 AM
SRS

A similar question was posted a bit ago, which I think received some good responses. I will paste what was written... Best wishes, Sally

Author: nkd
Date: 11/03/2004, 03:23 pm
Message: Many of you stayed at this hotel in Paris so maybe you can help. Are rooms there big enough for 3 people? Would you please describe such room for me? There are going to be three of us, 2 adults and 12 year old. We are going to be in Paris for 5 days around Thanksgiving. Merci

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Travelnut
Date: 11/03/2004, 05:21 pm
Message: According to various webs, they have a triple for 135E. No photos of it though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: SRS ([email protected])
Date: 11/03/2004, 06:06 pm

In May we stayed in a room at the Muguet which was a superior, I think, but it could well have been a triple.

It was one flight up from the highest floor the elevator went to - perhaps the 5th floor. The ceilings were slanted (like an attic) and it had a view of Eiffel Tower.

The room had a large double/queen bed with a good firm mattress. The third bed was tucked in a corner against the wall. It was smaller than a standard American twin, I think, or at least it looked smaller (shorter and a bit thinner), but it would have been fine for a child or a small woman to sleep on. I can't tell you anything about the mattress. Since it was just my husband and I, we used the extra bed as a staging area for our clothing.

In addition to the beds, the room had a wardrobe that one could hang clothing in and a desk with a small tv on a portion of it. There was also a luggage rack.

The bathroom was spotless and perfect with surprisingly plush towels. The room had a tub, but no curtain, so there was some getting used to the whole handheld nozzle thing, but it worked out fine.

Overall, we were very pleased with our room and with the hotel in general. In fact for the price, it totally exceeded our expectations. We wanted a moderately priced hotel in the 7th that was attractive and clean. Muguet fit the bill. There was also internet access in the sitting room area of the hotel. There was a charge for it, but I don't think it was too much considering the convenience.

We would definetely stay at the Muguet again. As long as your 12 year old isn't really tall, it will probably work out fine. If it were me, I might ask not to be on the higest floor to avoid the slanted ceilings - this would give you some extra space.

Please ask me more questions if I have left you with any.

I love Paris! Have a great trip!!

Best wishes,
Sally

Author: susanna
Date: 11/03/2004, 06:12 pm
Message: Funny, I stayed in the same room as Sally last month. She states it exactly as it was, although I think that the 2nd bed was just a standard twin. For Paris, I was surprised how much room we had, it would definately work for a couple and a child, assuming no one wants any privicy! I agree that if they had the same room on a lower floor, the ceiling wouldn't be slanted and the third person would have a bit more room....BUT..you would not have a view of the ET.

Author: Julie7963
Date: 11/03/2004, 06:34 pm
Message: I have also stayed in this room at the Muguet and it's my favourite for all the reasons mentioned above.

But I believe there is at least one other triple on a lower floor that doesn't feature the lovely slanted ceiling -- thus more room -- and has a small alcove for the twin bed.

I can heartily recommend the Muguet on all counts - very clean, affordable, well-located, pleasant, helpful staff. And have dinner at the Florimond around the corner from the hotel.
J

Author: mckim
Date: 11/03/2004, 06:52 pm
Message: We stayed at the Muguet last July and we were so happy with the hotel and it has AC that worked wonderfully. There were seven of us and we had three rooms. My son, daughter and one of their daughters stayed in the room where you can see the Eiffel Tower from the window. It was perfect for three people. That hotel is so clean. The rest of us stayed on the 4th floor. The elevator goes up to the 5th floor and then you walk up one more floor to the three person room with the Eiffel Tower view. I know you'd be happy at the Muguet. The triple room was 135 euros a night.

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 09:09 AM

Someone posted on Tripadvisor that they got flea bites while at Muguet. The poster didn't seem to be ranting or trying to trash the hotel.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 11:16 AM
traveleratheart

in 2003, my cousin, granddaughter, and I traveled Europe for 3 weeks and always had triple rooms. They are out there for the taking if you just keep searching. Paris--the Hotel Francais was great. Check their website at www.hotelfrancais.com where you will find several references to their amenities. A triple is about 125 E, not including 8 E or so for breakfast. The hotel personnel were kind and the room was lovely. It is very close to the Gare de 'Est and within walking to the Gare du Nord. Small restaurants are just around the corner complete with friendly waiters. Buses and the underground (when not on strike) are also close. It would be worth a few minutes to check their site. I'd stay there again in a hearbeat. Bon Dia.

Old Mar 15th, 2005, 03:04 PM

The Muguet triple with a view of the Eiffel tower was right next to our room in Jan. 05. I peeked in one morning while it was being cleaned and it was as described above-roomy, clean, etc. We were very happy with the Muguet (stayed a week), and would stay there again.

~Liz