Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Most Scenic Spots In Positano...Suggestions Needed

Jun 13th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

We will be getting married in Positano in September 2004. We have been to Italy before, but not Positano. I have booked a photographer to take photos of us around town in Positano following our wedding ceremony. Does anyone have any scenic locations we should definatly have photos taken at? I know our photographer has taken wedding photos there before, but I would welcome suggestions of anything we should recommend to our photographer. Please let me know!!!

Thanks!
Jun 14th, 2004, 06:03 AM

The terrace bar at the Hotel San Pietro has the postcard view of Positano that you are looking for. You can stand on the terrace, which is lined with gorgeous plants and flowers, and behind you will be the entire town of Positano, the mountains behind it and the sea below.
Jun 27th, 2004, 08:22 AM

mgfit: I just got married in Positano on June 16th and it was wonderful. We took picures at Le Sirenuse on the terrace and on the beach. We took pictures walking around the little streets after the wedding (keep in mind that the streets are very dirty). My dress was black on the bottom after all of the pictures. The beach is kind of dirty too but I think it will make some great pics. I'll let you know how everything turns out when I get my pics and maybe I'll have more suggestions.

JG
Jun 27th, 2004, 11:38 AM

I added more of my positano picutes if you would like to get an idea of views from sirenuse, beach, and walking back from la sponda bus stop. see world is round at: http://www.worldisround.com/articles/53541/
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:18 PM

Is it OK to walk in to these hotels to take pictures or are you expected to buy a drink first, etc? I will be there in a week. Can't wait.