Positano - Eden Roc Suites?

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:41 AM
Sue

Positano - Eden Roc Suites?

Has anyone ever stayed at Eden Roc Suites? ...I'm just wondering if theres something wrong with them that I'm missing as they look fantastic & great value compared to other 4/5 star places in Positano. Il Sirenuse would be fantastic but its a bit out of my price range. Heres the web site if anyones wondering what I'm talking about www.edenroc.it
Many thanks!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Tina

-

Sue, here's a couple links to other threads on this site in which posters have similar queries:

"Help pick a Positano hotel, please"
http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1367891&numresponses=9&start=0&searchText=eden+roc

"eden roc hotel or bucco di bacco ,positano"
http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1368920&numresponses=9&start=0&searchText=eden+roc

(NOTE: to access these threads, you'll need to copy & paste the URL into your address line)

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 01:07 AM
Sue

ttt

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Marty

Sue: I just got in from Positano last night. I did not stay at the Eden Roc, but my sister-in-law and her husband stayed in an apartment next door to it. It is pretty far above the center of town, even farther from the beach, and uphill all the way; it is quite the climb. The bus stops at the bottom of the last hill that takes you there, but you will have to wait for it. I did not go in, but it looked very nice.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Sue

Thanks Marty!
Can anyone reccomend anything comparable (at least 4 stars) that is positoned in the middle of things at Positano - ie, no right down on the beach & not too high up in the hills?
I was thinking the Hotel Posiedon but I think it is also high up. I would like soemthing with a pool please.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Mary

Years ago several members of my family and I stayed at the Miramare. Beautiful rooms, great restaurant, spectacular view! It was midway to beach and town (5-7 minute walk) At the time it was very moderately priced. However no a/c or pool. But very lovely-I don't know if its still around.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Marty

The only hotel that I could see with a pool besides the Poseidon was the Sirenuse. It was very lovely; we had dinner there one night. It was right across the street from our hotel which was about 1/2 way up. They have a website.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Sue

Can anyone else pelase help?

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:58 AM
Ali

Sue, We wondered the same thing when we booked a stay at Eden Roc last summer. Although the hotel was clean, the staff friendly and the location not bad, overall we were disappointed. This is NOT a luxury hotel. All those oceanfront balconies you see are actually situated right over a really loud and busy road. Our room, a suite, was comfortable and huge, but so starkly furnished, the space was fairly useless. The biggest shock to us was discovering that the rooftop pool is actually an above-ground pool!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:06 PM
Bob

I stayed at the Eden Roc for 4 nights 2 yrs ago. The room was big - the deck was bigger and that's where we hung out. True it was above the street but the view was great. Overall, I would stay there again for the money as it was relatively inexpensive.

Incidently, the restaurant is a little known gem. I highly recommend eating there even if you don't stay there.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:01 PM
amy

Sue,

My husband and I will be staying at the Palazzo Murat in Positano in September. It is supposed to be closer down to the town. No pool, but it looks very nice. Fodor's highly recommends it. Read the review on this site as well as the Reader's Reviews. It sounds wonderful to me. I can't wait! Check out their website too at:

http://www.palazzomurat.it/english/home_en.htm

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:11 PM
carol

sue,

we stayed at the poseidon 2 yrs ago and it was lovely. the pool area is beautiful and you can have any of your meals out there, overlooking the water. although our room was small and plain, it did have a balcony with a fabulous view. the staff could not have been nicer.

now it does have a hike down to the town/beach area. we usually left in the morning and ate dinner back at the hotel or while out, so we just went down and back up once a day. we strolled down and up leisurely, often stopping at shops or cafes. to get the views, you have to pay the price of the walk. i would stay there again and often wish i were there at sunset. have fun!

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:31 AM
debbie

Last year when we were in Positano our limo stopped at Hotel San Pietro for picture taking...we looked around briefly and found it to be gorgeous!!! (www.sanpietro.it). Also La Sirenuse is supposed to be nice also (www.sirenuse.it). Both hotels were listed in the August Travel & Leisure magazine reader's poll as one of the top 50 europe hotels; Le Sirenuse was #4 and Hotel San Peitro was #8....

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:51 AM
topper

to the top!

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 10:07 AM
nicole

Sue,

We just returned from Positano on Friday. We spent three nights at the Poseidon and I highly recommend it. Our room was not as lavishly furnished as some others at which we stayed on our trip but it was nice and our view was terrific from the terrace which was also a nice size. The hotel itself is really what impressed me more so than the sleeping rooms. The pool area is terrific with beautiful foliage decorating the area. They rolled the piano out by the pool each night and had live music while you could sit and have a drink or coffee. Also, the complimentary breakfast each morning was the best we found in Italy. They have a gym on site as well as a beauty center (we got massages which were great). I would definitely stay there again. I didn't find the walk down to town a problem at all. We just followed the road and it took about 10 minutes to be down at the beach.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:55 PM
David

We stayed at the Eden Roc three weeks ago. I found the stay there very pleasant. You are not in the heart of the town, but the walk down the is very easy and if you do not want to walk back up, you can take the bus for .77 Euros. We ate in their restaurant and found the food, service and wine excellent.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:49 PM
tommy

ttt for Diane