Air Tahiti Nui Airline to Paris

Jun 26th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

Air Tahiti Nui Airline to Paris

Has anyone out there taken Air Tahiti Nui Airline to Paris? I travel to Paris regularly, but have never taken that airline, but there are some very cheap airfares from the states to Paris on them. And are they hooked up to any frequent flyer programs like the Star Alliance or others? Thanks.Happy Travels.
Jun 27th, 2004, 03:57 AM
ira

They only fly from LA to Paris.
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:33 AM

Air Tahiti Nui (TN) is a pretty small airline, and I don't think it has any FF program. It's not part of any alliance either. I know their PPT-LAX flight is codeshared by Qantas, but I don't think the LAX-CDG leg is.
Jun 27th, 2004, 06:48 AM

TN has it's own FF program, but it's not tied to any other program/alliance.

The 2 exceptions are: AA and NW miles could be used to purchase tickets on TN.

There are few reviews on www.airlinequality.com but they are all from passengers that flew in business class, so I'm not sure if it's of any help to you.
Jun 27th, 2004, 07:58 AM

Thanks AAFF for the correction. I looked into their website and found the information about their FF program, which uses a point-system:

- You have to pay $20 to sign up, but they give you 2,000 points immediately.
- LAX-CDG earns you 1,250 each way, for 2,500 r/t.
- LAX-CDG r/t rewards cost you 12,000 points.
- So, you'll earn a r/t LAX-CDG after 4 paid roundtrips + $20, which is a little better than other programs.
Jun 27th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, folks. Yes, Ira,I realize they fly from L.A. to Paris. I'm in L.A.Thanks, however. Since my post I've had time to do a little research and found out that they are hooked up to American Airline's frequent flyer program. One can't accrue miles with them, only cash in miles for a ticket. I'm interested in accruing miles...since I accrue miles quite fast on the three programs I'm connected to.I'll check out airlinequality.com to see how the airline is. Maybe friends might want to take this airline although they won't get any frequent flyer miles. Thanks again all. Happy travels!