Moscow: Help with Red Army Museum

Jul 7th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Moscow: Help with Red Army Museum

Getting ready for Moscow in two weeks. Planning out my 5 days with much anticipation! Read awhile back about the Arabat Central Red Army Museum, but now I can't find it in any of my guidebooks. Could it be the same as the Museum of the Revolution?

Thanks!
Jul 12th, 2004, 03:42 PM

The Central Armed Forces Museum, now just called Armed Forces Museum, is locatedon ul ovietskoy Armi, near Frunze Central Army Park.
Jul 12th, 2004, 03:54 PM

For information on the Museum of the Revolution and othe museums see: http://www.themoscowtimes.com/travel..._inmoscow.html
Jul 12th, 2004, 03:58 PM

For information on the Armed Forces Museum see
http://www.armymuseum.ru/index.html
Jul 12th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Excellent, Garfield. Thank you so much.
Jul 12th, 2004, 08:18 PM

Another interesting place, that not many people visit, is the Sculpture Park. It contains many of the old Soviet statues. The park is located on the south-side of the Moscow River, between Peter the Great Monument and the New Tretyakov Gallery. Also the Novodevichy Cemetery, located near Novodevichy Convent. It contains the tombs of many important people, including Khrushchev. Another Soviet Monument is the All-Russian Exhibition Centre, (VDNKh). It was built to impress the world the success of the Soviet economic system, nearby is the Cosmonautics Museum.
Jul 13th, 2004, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

I had read about that and have it on my itinerary. We've only got 5 days in Moscow (actually, 4 considering travel days), and there's so much to see. Can't wait! This is coming at the end of a two-week trip to the Swiss Alps! Ooh-la-la!!