Moscow apartment needed

Search

Moscow apartment needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2008, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moscow apartment needed

Anyone found a reasonably priced Moscow apartment they like? We need internet connection and under $150 US per day for a multi-week stay (prefer well under, but close to metro could sway the price).

I know about several listing sites, including Way to Russia, but hoping for some personal experiences.

Thanks!

Old Aug 1st, 2008, 12:03 AM

Park Place is an excellent place to stay in Moscow but it is more suited for expats, bit far from centre. They do rent it on daily basis however it would be more than $150
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 04:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Odin, we'll be there only a month (more or less) but I'll check it out and see how it looks.
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 05:50 AM

Clifton,

These people look great. Cheap, helpful, and convenient.

Enter $150/day and more importantly <b>Maximum 3 Minutes to Metro</b> in the dialog box. You will find some amazing bargains, including many close to Red Square.

We recently postponed our trip to Moscow so we didn't actually stay but the WayToRussia people were quite helpful. I believe there are other Fodorites who have used these folks for various services.

http://www.waytorussia.net/Travel/Apartments.html
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Hi bardo - thanks for the feedback on waytorussia. I've looked at the apartments they listed several times and they do seem to have found some good deals. They seem to be listing on behalf of others, but also seem to have some pretty honest opinions on what it's like to work with the owners. Hoping someone has stayed in one of them, as the opinions on wtr do seem to focus mostly on the pre-trip issues (that I've found anyway). Still, knowing the agent is there for you is a very good thing.

sshirokov - I'm not clear if you're an agent or a customer. I've read several of your threads here on Fodors and in some you state you work for the site you list. But you also rented an apartment through your employer? I admit to being wary, as you sounded a bit like an agent posing as a customer in your response here. This is not a position that imparts a lot of confidence in other statements that might be made in regards to the rest of the process, or about the apartment itself. My apologies if I've misinterpreted in some way.