Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Morgan Hotel...need web site. Can anyone help?

Aug 25th, 2003, 06:27 AM
Tia
Original Poster

Does anyone know if the Morgan Hotel in Bloomsbury has a web address or do they book through any discount sites? Can't seem to find them listed.
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:07 AM
ron

I believe the correct answer is that they do sufficient business from repeat customers and personal referrals that they do not need a web site or to discount their prices.
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:23 AM

Tia, I think Ron's right. If you do a text search here for Morgan Hotel AND phone number you may come up with some info. A warning though, it's recently been posted here they've renovated & prices have gone up, up, up.

I was going to answer your other thread on Bloomsbury. While the area is very convenient, it seems to me by reading threads here, there are better "deals" (nicer hotels at lower prices) by bidding on Priceline. People are getting The Royal Horseguards hotel for under $100/night.

Another thread mentioned The Park International Hotel in South Kensington for under $100/night NOT through Priceline. The reviewer said it had small hallways but great rooms.

Why don't you have a look at biddingfortravel.com & check the prices/hotels people are winning?
Aug 25th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Tia
Original Poster

Yes, I have been checking. I'm still very leary about not being able to see the name or pictures of the hotel before bidding. I guess I'd feel safer with personal recommendations and spending a bit more to be able to see the hotel and have opinions prior. Who knows...I may change my mind. I'm starting to go bonkers with all the places to choose from and having a budget!! Ug!
Aug 25th, 2003, 08:26 AM

I totally understand, particularly since it's your first trip to London. Another potential downside for you on Priceline is they lump Bloomsbury with Marble Arch. But, people are "winning" the Churchill Intercontinental (a large business hotel but 5*) for $95/night plus tax.

Since, as I recall, you're going in Sept, have you tried looking on Lastminute.com or LateRooms.com?