Montepertuso restaurants

Search

Montepertuso restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montepertuso restaurants

Has anyone been to Il Ritrovo, Donna Rosa, and/or La Tagliata restaurants recently? I will be staying in Positano. Previous posters have mentioned these restaurants will send a car to pick you up. Do they still offer this service? I would also like to try one of these restaurants for lunch one day and hike back down. Has anyone done that? How long did it take? Were the views worth the effort? How about the bus? How much did it cost? How often do they run? Last bus run? Mille Grazie
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:10 AM
ira

topping for aneckc
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

What does topping mean?
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:19 AM

We were there last May. La Tagliata and il Ritrovo will send a car for you.

We had a meals at Donna Rosa - fabulous dinner and gracious welcoming service. Had to take a cab both ways. Didn't walk down. There was a recent post about a lunch, do a search for the restaurant.

Also ate at la Tagliata, more food than I could imagine. The grilled secondi piatti, whether fish or meat, contained enough for three people. I suggest ordering a pasta dish and splitting the next course. - Alot of fun, with the entire extended family involved in the operation.

Buon appetito!!
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:12 PM

I went to La Taliata in May 2002 and they picked us up at our B&B in Positano. It was fabulous, especially the grilled meats. The view was definitely worth it and the drive up there probably only took about 10 or 15 minutes.

I also hiked to Montepertuso on another day and that probably took a couple of hours. It was a strenuous hiking for us (we are in our early 30s and in good shape) as it was mostly stairs, but we really enjoyed it. The hike back down took about 45 minutes and is good for the calves! The views were very nice. I would say do it if you like hiking, don't do it if you don't.
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 07:23 PM

There was another post just today that mentioned La Tagliata. There was even a website for them, but it didn't work. Does anybody know if there is one that does?

Any chance they'll pick you up in Ravello? I don't have a good feel for which direction this place is from Positano except UP.
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:18 AM

Aneckc - The Positano-Montepertuso bus service doesn't run very late.

http://www.flaviogioia.com/news/defa...mp;id_cat1=116

Unless you finish before 21.00 and catch the last bus down you'll have to get a taxi ... or walk.

Patrick - No chance, unless you want to pay for a taxi. Ravello-Montepertuso is an hour's drive.

Steve
Old Feb 6th, 2004, 06:16 AM

Aneckc - Correction to my post above.

It looks like there may be later buses back (21.30 and 22.40) from Montepertuso in high season.

Hope this helps ...

Steve