Search

mobile phone

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM
wsz
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mobile phone

After reading a lot of the posts on cell phones, it seems that our sprint phones won't work in Ireland. Someone mentioned purchasing a mobile phone for $49.00. Do you need any kind of card for that? Is that a better choice than purchasing another cell phone, or renting one. I am still a bit confused. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 08:38 PM

I did the Mobal phone - very, very happy with it! my review is at http://www.bombasticlife.com/t-things

If you plan on just using for emergencies or at least very limited usage, its the way to go. You don't need to buy any cards or anything. Very simple!
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM

Absolutely not a solution for a long term deal.....it's basically the mobal deal and yes, if you're going to be in Europe for a week, it might be a solution.

But if you're gong to be in Europe for a semester and will be calling your friends and calling home and whatever, you need a real mobile phone plan.

Like I said, if you want good information, you don't waste your time here, unfortunately and no offense meant to anybody, you go to a real mobile phone forum and the best one I know (and believe me I have nothing to do with it) is at the one I mentioned. Everything you need to know is there and the info is correct.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 03:20 AM
ira

Hi W,

The $49 phone from www.mobal.com is fine if you need one for emergencies only.

They have a very high per minute rate.

The advantages are that you are billed only if you use it, that it's yours forever, that you keep the phone number.

>Do you need any kind of card for that?<

You need only a credit card.

Old Feb 28th, 2007, 04:30 AM

We were struggling with how to communicate with our apartment rental representatives while in Italy, and this seems like the perfect solution. We have just ordered our phone. It sure beats arriving jet lagged, getting a phone card, then repeating the process for each new city. Many thanks!
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 09:48 AM
wsz
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. I think we will get the moblile phone.
WSZ
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 01:08 PM

I use the Mobal phone and have been very happy with it.

As far as cost per call- I used it last month while in Amsterdam to call home and for a quick, 5 minute conversation and it cost me less than $5. I used it a few times last September in Italy and was actually quite surprised at how low my bill was.

The directions come in English, so set up and use is easy.

I find their customer service to be excellent.

Well worth the $49 price tag.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 05:29 AM
tmt

My T-Mobile Razr will work abroad and the rate calling to/from Ireland is 99cents a minute. That's just the regular rate - no international plan.