missypie questions?

Apr 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

missypie questions?

Hi Missypie, I know you booked the Tessa apartment for your recent trip to Barcelona. Did the apartment have central a/c? Did the room with the green beds have a shade on that window above the beds? I think it has a washing machine, did you use it? and did it have a dryer as well?
Were you pleased with the habitat people and the safety of the neighborhood?
Thanks!
Apr 30th, 2007, 12:41 AM

TTT
Apr 30th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

TTT
(Thanks Dukey for bringing it back up! I am hoping she will see it before it gets buried again!)
Apr 30th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Apr 30th, 2007, 07:21 PM
P_M

I located a thread where she recently posted and I provided her a link to this thread. I hope this helps her find you.
Apr 30th, 2007, 11:38 PM

ttt
May 1st, 2007, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

THANKS everyone for topping!!!
May 1st, 2007, 06:46 AM

Hello! With three kids with homework, I don't get computer time in the evenings.

I believe there was central A/C. We didn't use it, as it was March. I know there was A/C because there were these remotes that controlled the temp. Pay attention when the guy tells you how to use them.

I know that the master bedroom skylight had a shade (because my husband was playing with it-another remote). They also open. (The kids never wanted to close their skylight but I assume they were the same.)

Surpise in the master...look along the sloped wall...both sides open and there's a huge storage space. Great hiding place for kids, startling siblings, etc.

There is a washer. The guy said it was a combo dryer, but it wasn't. After the first load, I figured out how to use it (there are no words-only symbols). Right next to the washer is a window and right out the window is a clothes line (with three or four lines-enough to dry the whole load). I'd do a load in the morning, hang it out before we left for the day, and the clothes would be dry on our return.

The habitat people were great. By the time we arrived in Barcelona, it was very late and we had been up a whole lot of hours (long layover in London), so I didn't remember a lot of the directions of how to work things. We couldn't figure out how to work the satellite TV (the instruction book is in German) so we called Habitat. The lady told me what button to push AND they dispatched a guy to the flat. I figured it out before he arrived, so I called and told him he didn't have to come.

Also, we needed a ride to the airport at 5 am. I was nervous about arranging this because my Spanish is not good (and no Catalan); I called Habitat and they arranged a van service for us.

It is a very very nice, very spacious apartment. There is a bakery across the street, but not a lot of restaurants. But the Passieg de Gracia is one metro stop (or about a 10 minute walk) away and there are tons of restaurants there. And yes, I felt very safe.
May 1st, 2007, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your reply!! I am in the process of deciding where we should go next year. We have about two weeks and one week will be spend in Austria. The other week, we are open to going somewhere else in Europe. My vote was for Barcelona.
Since we are going to be like gypsies going all over Austria and sleeping in different places every night, I thought it would be great to park in one city for the week. Is there enough to see and do for an entire week, maybe with a few day trips outside the city? I would like to spend a week to soak up the culture, city, and people. My husband is a constant "on the go" type. My kids will be dead by the time we get to Spain!
I thought the Tessa was the nicest apartment I have seen on line and it would work out perfectly that we would have a room, our girls would share, and my mother in law would get some privacy as well. Is there a safe in the apartment to leave money, passports? I have heard about all the pickpocketing and since I am so american looking, I would be a huge target! LOL I would rather carry limited funds for our daily outings.
Thanks for all of your info. I enjoyed reading your trip report.
May 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM

Yes, there is a safe in the apartment.

Go to Barcelona!!!! You'll love it. Excluding travel days, we had 7 full days there and it wasn't enough to see or do everything. I had planned 2 day trips - one to Montserrat and one to Figures & Girona. We hated to tear ourselves away from the city and ended up only going to Montserrat. And we were there in March, so we didn't even need to make time for the beach. So much to do!

I think the Tessa would be perfect. The one bedroom is downstairs and has a full (but albeit tiny) bathroom - perfect for your mother in law.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 03:51 AM

Hi missypie, I have some more questions about Tessa apartment. What is the building like? Nice or not? What about the noise level? Inside the apartment and outside. Is the location pretty? What does Plaza Tetuan look like. Thanks in advance. We will be in Barcelona next March.
Sep 4th, 2007, 07:22 AM

The building is nice. The lobby area is pretty small and basic ... a couch, reception/super desk area, two elevators. It's clean.

Plaza Tetuan is a fairly busy area....I wouldn't call it charming...lots of streets and cars. However, there is a park area very nearby and the metro stop is right across the street. I wouldn't hang out in Plaza Tetuan, but it's not dirty or dangerous or anything.

We had no noise issues at all. Although there is a fair amount of traffic on the street below, we didn't hear a thing from the flat.